Ruger Bisley .45/.45ACP Stainless 5.5"bbl

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Juniper

Bearcat
Looking for info about the Ruger Bisley .45 long colt with matching .45 ACP cylinder, stainless with 5.5" bbl. This has the adjustable sight like a blackhawk. Rosewood colored factory wood stocks. Has been fired in both cylinders, but very little signs of use, still in factory box with papers. Date on fired cartridge envelope reads 11/06. Was this a limited run, though I see that a batch is out now in similar configuration. Trigger is exceptionally smooth pull, that feels lighter and less creep than factory Blackhawk triggers I have compared. Could it have come from factory this way? Also in looking at selling prices I am guessing value in $500 range, for excellent used condition? One last question: could you reload .45long Colt ammo with FMJ .45ACP slugs for this revolver with any success? Would appreciate any input you may provide.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
This is one model from a series of stainless 5 1/2" Bisleys. Originally they were exclusives to Acusport but later some in .41 mag and the 45 convertables came through Williams'. There's also been a few variations of them. Depending on it's time of manufacture, the barrel warning could be on the side or bottom of the barrel and it may have black/gray laminate grips or red/brown laminate grips.
Prices fluctuate a bit but anyplace in the $500 range is not unheard of.

Swampbilly

Single-Sixer
I was able to locate one several months back...hope you can find one as well. It was not a true Accusport, but they were spread to some other distributors later. Mine has the barrel stamp on the bottom...I prefer it that way.

I wanted to own one Ruger single action, and I believe if you just have one, that Bisley 45 Convertible is the one to have !