Ruger American Ranch

Help Support Ruger Forum:

KRD

Bearcat
That looks like a really fun rifle and I think that I want one. Presently, I own a Mark II in .223 in stainless with the boat paddle stock. Do any of you know what I will give up in velocity from my Mark II with a 22 inch barrel going to the 16 inch?

KRD,

I did a short search on the net and discovered this test that appears to answer your question.

It looks like a well organized and executed test that provides just the information you are looking for.

http://rifleshooter.com/2014/04/223-remington5-56-nato-velocity-versus-barrel-length-a-man-his-chop-box-and-his-friends-rifle/

Bill

KRD

Bearcat
Bill,
Great article! Thanks so much it really explains things well and now I will be forced to buy one of these rifles. My interest is similar to that of others on this thread, I need a short, more handy rifle for quick access on either an ATV or from a truck. Those coyotes are quick!

9x19

Hunter
I put a linear comp from Simple Threaded Devices on mine, only adds about an inch to the OAL. It's also slimmer than most but still does a good job of pushing the noise out front and away from the shooter.

RugerAR556bffiistd_zpsf8d183b2.jpg

SHOOTER

Buckeye
How is this ranch doing now that you guys have been shooting it for awhile ?

Anyone shoot the 64grain bullets yet for accuracy ??

Looking for feedback

Hello,

I am working with 300 AAC and have been working with 125 grain Hornady and Nosler primarily.

Friend has a suppressor in the works and waiting for the stamp. Going to start loading 208 grain Hornady soon.

If anyone has a load for the Ranch in 300 AAC for suppressed uses, share please!

Bill

SHOOTER

Buckeye
Well my son bagged a large doe one shot. DRT. This rifle is very accurate with everything up to 64g's.

Stolivar

Bearcat
I just bought one yesterday. took it out today with some tula 55 fmj, winchester 55 sp, brown bear 62 sp to see what it would do. I only shot at the 50 yard line today but will get it out to the 100 later. I put a micrometer on it to redo it and came up with accurate results instead of the ruler. the first one and the second one is .49. the third is .34 and the fourth is .60 and the last is 1 inch.