Ruger american 9mm guide rails ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Yawn

Blackhawk
revhigh said:
Yawn said:
lostdog said:
I bet you have not shot the Rap . cause its way below your HIGH standards . What did Ruger do to you that your not telling us? All I read here is you give people advise on what / how they can discus the RAP ,IF they dont agree with you they catch hell. Im not trying to offend you Just point how your acting. may all have a great day

I haven't shot one... Why would I? It is a fully cocked Glock... which even Glock won't make. Now, if your report had spoken about and shown its incredible accuracy, then maybe it would be worth a second thought... But NO ONE has said that as of yet... Just that they shoot it BETTER than some other firearm, just like you did. I shoot the Ruger GP 100 better than a lot of other firearms, doesn't mean I want to buy one or carry one. And again, no one isn't saying they won't sell out of the gate.

And I think a fabulous trigger would be awful on this... DAO with a 1911 trigger pull and no external safety sounds crazy other than for range only. If I ever bought a range only gun, it would probably be the GP, though I doubt that I ever will.

So some might say put a manual safety in it... Then you have an SR with crappier ergos.

You should try a GP or SRH sometime Yawn, they are EXCELLENT guns. I have several, and the only revolvers I have that shoot more accurately are my Pythons. I have SRH's in every caliber available, and the accuracy they exhibit is astounding. :D

REV

Hey rev,

I adore the GP!! I shoot better with it than any other pistol I have ever shot with! I actually put a round through a hole I had just made. Never done that before. That gun is a fine piece of craftsmanship. I just have no desire to buy, own, and/or carry a revolver... But if I did, that would be the one!!

Yawn

Blackhawk
revhigh said:
Maybe you missed the target completely the second shot .... :D

REV

Well, it wasn't perfectly through, it made the original hole a little bigger. I was pretty impressed with he gun. I will say there have been a few times (cough cough)where the extra paper around the head silhouette has been used, and unfortunately more times where it wasn't.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Yawn said:
revhigh said:

REV

Well, it wasn't perfectly through, it made the original hole a little bigger. I was pretty impressed with he gun. I will say there have been a few times (cough cough)where the extra paper around the head silhouette has been used, and unfortunately more times where it wasn't.

LOL..... Ah ...changing your tune now huh ? Just teasin' ya yawn !

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
Nh Rugerman said:
revhigh said:

REV

Delete delete delete rev is the delete the post man

Please don't contaminate another thread.

Final warning.

REV

Yawn

Blackhawk
revhigh said:
Yawn said:
revhigh said:

REV

LOL..... Ah ...changing your tune now huh ? Just teasin' ya yawn !

REV

:D :D 8) :D :D

I've posted technical information on the American pistol here and other forums. Trying to stay on topic. I have yet to shoot one but others seem to yield good results with them in their video reviews. It's sure no SR or P-series according to all the sources. (A good thing)

Its still not a "flagship" model like other brands have.

It's good to see some great guns being released this year, by several manufacturers.

Personally, my next gun will probably be a Legion, P226 or P220-Ten

I still owe y'all a range report on my Ruger BH 45LC, S&W 625 Mountain, SW22 Victory, and a Ruger American Pistol.

Running a business is a full time investment. But being busy beats the alternative. Guess my guns will have to wait in the safe a bit longer.

revhigh

Hawkeye
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
I've posted technical information on the American pistol here and other forums. Trying to stay on topic. I have yet to shoot one but others seem to yield good results with them in their video reviews. It's sure no SR or P-series according to all the sources. (A good thing)

Its still not a "flagship" model like other brands have.

It's good to see some great guns being released this year, by several manufacturers.

Personally, my next gun will probably be a Legion, P226 or P220-Ten

I still owe y'all a range report on my Ruger BH 45LC, S&W 625 Mountain, SW22 Victory, and a Ruger American Pistol.

Running a business is a full time investment. But being busy beats the alternative. Guess my guns will have to wait in the safe a bit longer.

A Ruger SA that shoots like a Sig 226 or CZ75 would indeed be a welcome surprise. I'll believe it when you or Cheese say it though, and then I'll shoot a few myself to verify. Trust, but verify .... Then wait about a year ... LOL. :D

If Ruger can pull it off at the $400 or so street price .... I'd have to look at it, but personally .... I doubt they will just based on previous experience.

REV

neilin

Bearcat
In another thread I wrote of my experience with the Ruger American Pistol 9mm. I am very pleased with it after 521 rounds. I throughly enjoy the pistol. I have not been a fan of polymer frame pistols, but this one I like.

19ontheslide

Bearcat
Not sure that anyone cares at this point, but for what it's worth Jeff Quinn managed to achieve 1.25" groups from his RAP at 25 yards. Now I'm sure this information will be dismissed out of hand immediately by some here as unverifiable, especially if it runs counter to certain folks' preconceived notions about the pistol in question and its accuracy potential, but there's the data anyway.

http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-AmericanPistol.htm

19ontheslide said:
Not sure that anyone cares at this point, but for what it's worth Jeff Quinn managed to achieve 1.25" groups from his RAP at 25 yards. Now I'm sure this information will be dismissed out of hand immediately by some here as unverifiable, especially if it runs counter to certain folks' preconceived notions about the pistol in question and its accuracy potential, but there's the data anyway.

That's great numerically quantifiable data! Exactly what several here have been demanding. AND he has pics and videos!

I still haven't had a chance to shoot one.

19ontheslide said:

The sounds of crickets coming from the naysayers.... :roll: :roll:

neilin

Bearcat
I have no complaints, with the RAP 9mm I have and have put 521 rounds through, with one exception. I have not had the opportunity, yet, to shoot other than a cold windy outdoor 25 yard range. Really hard to check accuracy there. I must say, I have not been as excited about a handgun in many years as I am about the Ruger American Pistol. Anything else is un-American.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
Nh Rugerman said:
19ontheslide said:

It's simply because there really isn't much to say. I'm sure it's adequate for most, but the truth is there really is nothing exceptional about this pistol to talk about when compared to the competition from other manufacturers. It does have flaws, there's the well known issue with the grip shape but now there are many reports of the backstraps breaking and falling off the gun.

I'm not saying it's a bad gun, not anymore than I would claim my SR40c is some kind of championship target pistol, it isn't either. But the fact is this gun does nothing better than other firearms designed decades before it, and in many cases the earlier ones do it even better.

Going on and on about it as you do only makes me think you have not experienced any other firearms. If you had you'd see it's really not anything to be as excited about as you seem to be.

Do you really think the RAP does anything better than a Glock 17? or a Beretta M9, or an XD? It doesn't. And while it's fine to be satisfied with it there is absolutely no cause to be cheerleading for it as if it where something revolutionary. When compared to any of those three at random it's easy to find ways they each exceed the performance of the RAP, and not just on one point but multiple grounds.

So in short it's fine to like your gun, even the cheapest Taurus if that is what meets your needs. Great! good for you, and enjoy it. But don't come to the rest of us and try to present it as if it's somehow proven to be the holy grail of pistol design, it hasn't. Initial impressions at shot show ranged from overwhelmingly negative to indifference. Follow up testing has not dramatically improved that impression, which is a passable firearm if you are willing to look past a few design flaws. Much like many other pistols on the market.

19ontheslide

Bearcat
Rei40c said:
...but now there are many reports of the backstraps breaking and falling off the gun.

Source, please? I've heard of a few RAPs which have had backstraps come loose because the owner failed to actually read/follow the instructions in the manual and secure it correctly, but I've yet to see reports of them breaking.

Rei40c said:
Nh Rugerman said:
19ontheslide said:

It's simply because there really isn't much to say. I'm sure it's adequate for most, but the truth is there really is nothing exceptional about this pistol to talk about when compared to the competition from other manufacturers. It does have flaws, there's the well known issue with the grip shape but now there are many reports of the backstraps breaking and falling off the gun.

I'm not saying it's a bad gun, not anymore than I would claim my SR40c is some kind of championship target pistol, it isn't either. But the fact is this gun does nothing better than other firearms designed decades before it, and in many cases the earlier ones do it even better.

Going on and on about it as you do only makes me think you have not experienced any other firearms. If you had you'd see it's really not anything to be as excited about as you seem to be.

Do you really think the RAP does anything better than a Glock 17? or a Beretta M9, or an XD? It doesn't. And while it's fine to be satisfied with it there is absolutely no cause to be cheerleading for it as if it where something revolutionary. When compared to any of those three at random it's easy to find ways they each exceed the performance of the RAP, and not just on one point but multiple grounds.

So in short it's fine to like your gun, even the cheapest Taurus if that is what meets your needs. Great! good for you, and enjoy it. But don't come to the rest of us and try to present it as if it's somehow proven to be the holy grail of pistol design, it hasn't. Initial impressions at shot show ranged from overwhelmingly negative to indifference. Follow up testing has not dramatically improved that impression, which is a passable firearm if you are willing to look past a few design flaws. Much like many other pistols on the market.

Not sure what you are referring to with your comments, others have questioned the accuracy POTENTIAL of the RAP...that is all I was referring to..but I do not care one way or the other IF anyone buys any Ruger pistols as I have no financial interest in the company...you sure jump to a lot of conclusions....wow. And please notice your completely negative about the RAP based on personal experience or what others are saying via the Internet??

And since you put it out there, the RAP can handle +P ammo per the military requirement...the Glock 17 cannot...sorry to confuse you with the facts..

Have a good day...the RAP is a middle of the road, economically priced pistol...I would never compare it to my Swiss manufactured SIG 210 pistol, or my custom 1911's... never said or inferred it was the holy grail of pistols but neither are any of the pistols you refer to ...I am truly amazed how folks want to assume they know other forum members based on a few positive or negative posts...this is the Ruger forum...so I try to stay on point....YMMV

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Like I have said a few times. Does it give you that exciting jump up and down feeling. NOPE! It just fits me very well and my hand especially. I just like Ruger. I Like that it is American made especially too.

Latest posts