Ruger 1911!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

revhigh

Hawkeye
mohavesam":1h614dzr said:
Polymer-framed, cast slide & internals, contracted barrel, springs, sights, magazines, and grip panels, Ruger logo.

With the molded frame & cast parts, the margin is still better than 50%. That's all the board wants to hear.

A polymer framed 1911 won't sell ONE gun to a 1911 fan .... and THAT is who Ruger needs to address. The vast majority of Ruger afficionados are revolver fans ... if they try to market a 1911 with a polymer frame, it will be a laughing stock. Even gunwriters will blackball a polymer 1911, and that's saying a LOT.

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
That's right, Rich, and for other 1911 builders as well, from what I've heard. Lots of custom builders start with Caspian frames ... it has to make you wonder why Ruger hasn't gotten into the 1911 market way before now, doesn't it ? Maybe it's a contract issue ... we'll make your 1911 frames but we won't compete against you in that market as long as you help us keep our factories busy ... Maybe the contracts are running out ?

REV

Pinecone

Blackhawk
It's not so much what they can do that hasn't already been done, but how much "cheaper"? That would be the attraction. With the way the price of guns have gone in the past 5 years, they seem to bring out guns that people want at a very competitive price. Not as good with their pricing though as when ole' Bill was alive and running things!.......................Dick :wink:

revhigh

Hawkeye
Pinecone":2jb57kiq said:
Not as good with their pricing though as when ole' Bill was alive and running things!

Not as good with the quality of their products either, unfortunately .... :(

REV

pyth0n

Buckeye
I had heard Ruger was doing casting work for a couple of the 1911 manufacturers. Frames I believe. Anyone else ever hear that? It was second hand info after a Ruger Rep was in town, a couple yeras ago, at a LGS for what they called Ruger Days. If they did go 1911, I don't think it would be polymer. Just a SWAG.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
pyth0n":3fygx9v1 said:
I had heard Ruger was doing casting work for a couple of the 1911 manufacturers. Frames I believe. Anyone else ever hear that? It was second hand info after a Ruger Rep was in town, a couple yeras ago, at a LGS for what they called Ruger Days. If they did go 1911, I don't think it would be polymer. Just a SWAG.

Glad to see the other posts in this thread were read. :roll: :lol:

Go up a few posts and read. :wink:

Snake45

Hawkeye
revhigh":19uqgx8f said:
A polymer framed 1911 won't sell ONE gun to a 1911 fan .... and THAT is who Ruger needs to address. The vast majority of Ruger afficionados are revolver fans ... if they try to market a 1911 with a polymer frame, it will be a laughing stock. Even gunwriters will blackball a polymer 1911, and that's saying a LOT.

REV
Disagree. I'd be interested, provided the trigger guard isn't twice as thick as a metal one, like nearly all plastic trigger guards are (ick! Ugly!). I'm a big LW Commander fan and don't see any reason I wouldn't like a plastic-framed 1911 just as much as I like the LW alloy ones.

I don't like Glocks, but their plastic frame isn't on my list of reasons why not.

revhigh

Hawkeye
We'll see snake, I stand by my prediction ... release a plastic 1911 and it will be DOA. 1911 fans are so devoted that most won't even buy one with an ILS. Plastic would be the last nail in the coffin.

REV

pyth0n

Buckeye
BlkHawk73":2p1fa9l3 said:
pyth0n":2p1fa9l3 said:

Glad to see the other posts in this thread were read. :roll: :lol:

Go up a few posts and read. :wink:

Don't know how I missed the posts after revhigh's 11:16 post. :?