Ruger LCP Max: Pocket Carry

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JackBull

Blackhawk
How practical is pocket carry of the LCP Max for pocket carry?

I just noticed that the majority of the models have limited availability, anyone know why?

Last edited:

Armybrat

Buckeye
Very easy to pocket carry.
What rammer said.
Almost as easy as the original LCP, just very slightly thicker and a tad bit longer in the grip.
0C3CFA76-E2F8-4238-AA3D-CDDEEE69DC13.jpeg

Last edited:
Might be better to stick with the OEM factory spring. Ruger specifies the recoil spring rate to provide reliable function with the weight of the slide and power of the ammunition. Time and again we hear from people who have altered their pistols with "improved" aftermarket parts and found that they've made the gun unreliable. And the recoil from the .380 is negligible anyway. JMHO.

ImDrRich

Bearcat
I pocket carry the LCP Max in an Alabama Holster. The holster has a ledge your thumb pushes down on while the gun gun comes. The holster never leaves your pocket. The perfect pocket combination.

I pocket carry mine in a well made leather pocket holster. Originally the holster would ride up over the mag release and cause the magazine to release. I cut out enough leather to stop that. To carry it in the small clamshell plastic case I had for the Gen 1, I have to remove the magazine. I have the original 10 round and one 12 round mag. I carry with the 12 round in, 10 round in my pocket.
gramps

firefiterjohn

Bearcat
The LCP Max is very easy to pocket carry as I've been doing it now for over a year. You forget it's even there. Just make sure it's the ONLY thing in that pocket as you don't want anything possibly interfering with the trigger. I also agree with the others above about carrying extra 12-round mags. You never know when a mag can fail or you might need another.

JackBull

Blackhawk
Might be better to stick with the OEM factory spring. Ruger specifies the recoil spring rate to provide reliable function with the weight of the slide and power of the ammunition. Time and again we hear from people who have altered their pistols with "improved" aftermarket parts and found that they've made the gun unreliable. And the recoil from the .380 is negligible anyway. JMHO.
Altering your carry gun could also be used against you in court.

Latest posts