Rifle just won't shoot

Help Support Ruger Forum:

unodemo

Bearcat
The Fiocchi 125 SST(?) load is a real deer whacker. I used one of those to put the 'finisher' on a poorly hit spike from 165 yards and it was decisive.
:(Real bummer about the baffle strike.
The Fiocchi Extreme 125 SST blue-tip factory load is the Hornady #3019 red tip. The Fiocchi literature states, "Super Shock Tip (SST) Bullets combine proven Hornady performance", so there ya go. The 125gr SST in pretty much any 300 BO doesn't disappoint. I've run it through a 10" suppressed barrel. Quiet enough to take off the earpro.

I'll get over the baffle strike. It's part of the suppressor experience.

unodemo

Bearcat
The Fiocchi Extreme 125 SST blue-tip factory load is the Hornady #3019 red tip. The Fiocchi literature states, "Super Shock Tip (SST) Bullets combine proven Hornady performance", so there ya go. The 125gr SST in pretty much any 300 BO doesn't disappoint. I've run it through a 10" suppressed barrel. Quiet enough to take off the earpro.

I'll get over the baffle strike. It's part of the suppressor experience.
I'm getting over the baffle strike. It turns out the muzzle device didn't lock up tight with the suppressor and the latter drooped, so to speak. The manufacturer is running a QA assessment on the batch of muzzle devices in question. I'm expecting a replacement device in a few days.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
Just now reading this. Looks like we need a moderator to split this one. Two topics discussed inside one.

I agree with an early comment the accuracy issues are seemingly from multiple causes but ... if you're jamming the lands or jumping a mile to reach them, you could have the issue you have.

Slugging is not good enough. You need a chamber cast

OR

You need to get the Hornady Comparator set and proper inserts. Take an empty case and use a Dremmel to put a slit down the neck. Seat a bullet long and chamber it. Use the tools to measure ogive to chamber distance. Adjust seat depth from there.

CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO TOOLS

seitz 555

6X45 Custom Mini 14
I just finished a couple more measurements. My magazines will accept a bullet length of 2.260" hence my reloads are set to 2.245" so they will function in the magazine. Distance from bolt face to engage the lands is 2.420" therefore the bullet jump is .160" which from what I've read is within the acceptable distance although it is on the high end.

Have you considered specing out a barrel for it including decent chamber dimensions? Even get a blank and ream the chamber yourself. It's not very hard and you can actually rent the reamers.

I'm so glad I bought SKS's back in the 80's instead of one of these. Accurate, reliable, $65 what's not to like? Also stupid versatile with folding and Bullpup stocks available and endless aftermarket.