Resolution at Cabela's

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Lance0812

Bearcat
Since I posted a complaint about Cabela's, it's only fair that I submit a post saying that they have graciously resolved the problem.
Some of you will remember I recently bought a Ruger 10/22, found it had been used and repaired, and returned it to the store for a refund. Had their customer service during the refund been what I have come to expect, the matter would have ended there.
However, I did not let the matter rest. I took it to the store's manager and, receiving nothing I could call satisfaction, went to the corporate level - finally reaching a Ms. Sandy Wells, who proved to be the lady who could get things done.
Now, this process took about a week - including the Thanksgiving holiday - and I had told my story to about three people before reaching Ms. Wells. All seemed concerned but resolution was above their pay grade, so to speak.
Ms. Wells listened to my story, then called the store to get their version of the events, with the result that the store merchandise manager promptly called me and offered a most generous resolution.
I don't think I should disclose the terms in a note such as this. Suffice it to say I did take Mike up on his offer and next week I'll be picking up my new Henry AR-7 Survival rifle - and I'll continue buying my guns and ammo at Cabela's.
Moral of the story: You may have a bad experience with one or even more people at store level, but as a corporation Cabela's wants to keep you happy and keep you coming back.

ddd482

Single-Sixer
sometimes you just have to keep going up the food chain- glad they took care of it- and thanks for posting the update=

rooger

Single-Sixer
I pay a lot of attention to what others here report about customer service from companies. Thanks for posting lance0812.

Geezer

Single-Sixer
That is good news that they are making it right but it shouldn't have ever gotten to that point.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
The last thing most of us want, is a public hanging. Contrare, we expect service, civility and prompt response. Polite and timely escalation of concerns usually finds a listener; it may take time. Glad your issues were addressed and fixed to your satisfaction. :wink:

96/44

Blackhawk
Glad to hear they made it right. I have always thought Cabelas went above and beyond when I had an issue, compared to what I've come to expect from the other large retailers.

don44

Hunter
I have always liked Cabelas customer service. They have always done right by me.

Old No7

Bearcat
That reminds me that...

Managers -- Will follow a policy, whether it makes sense or not.

Leaders -- Will change a policy, when it makes sense to do so.

Glad she made it right for you.

Old No7

Latest posts