Refinish info

Help Support Ruger Forum:

xtratoy

Buckeye
I was able to get a 4" blue barrel and shroud for my Dan Wesson 744. It is a stainless gun. I am looking for an affordable way to try to match the shroud finish with the satin stainless finish of the 744. Hard Chrome, Ceracoat or another finish? Strip the blue and hit with 300 grit then oil heavily? Or just use it as is? What do you think?

I had my Dan Wesson 'Metalifed' by Ron Mehovsky years ago and it was done BEFORE DWA ever made any stainless guns.............:cool::rolleyes:;)

Attachments

• a Pair TN DT left.JPG
    a Pair TN DT left.JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 27
  • DWA 357 mags  pair-Monson,Ma..jpg
    DWA 357 mags pair-Monson,Ma..jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 26
  • DWSWa.jpg
    DWSWa.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 28

xtratoy

Buckeye
I had my Dan Wesson 'Metalifed' by Ron Mehovsky years ago and it was done BEFORE DWA ever made any stainless guns.............:cool::rolleyes:;)
I sent an email to Ron Mehovsky to ask if he has a coating that would match or at least come close. I will see if I get a response. Any other companies come to mind? If all else fails, i will attempt a Ceracoat finish.

I don't have personal experience (yet) with Cummings Custom Refinishing, but they have several options towards the stainless end of the color range, and I've seen enough positive references that I'm thinking about having them do a Beretta slide:

If you're not in a giant hurry, they often offer discount pricing in late spring, for their annual "summer sale"!

As always FWIW, YMMV, IMHO, etc.
:)