RedHawk SS 357. KRH-355

Help Support Ruger Forum:

My father-in-law was a proficient reloader, who primarily shot a 357 Blackhawk. His "Dream gun" was a RedHawk SS in 357. Back in 1984, I found 2 at two separate dealers in Alaska. Both were 5.5" (KRH-355). Gave one to my father-in-law and kept one for myself. (I think these were 2 of 500 made around 1983 to 1985). Beautiful shooting revolvers that can handle nearly any reload ran through it.

When my father-in-law passed, the guns I gave him were returned to me. I never found where he stored the original boxes and manuals. Perhaps he did not save them.

i have been watching the forum and eBay for a period correct box. Will probably just purchase a period correct box from a 44 mag. Would appreciate any leads.

I have also been searching for a model KRH-35 …. Same gun as the 2 I own, but with the 7.5" barrel.

Thanks. Been enjoying the forum since joining.

Bob

Attachments

• IMG_1568.jpeg
    IMG_1568.jpeg
    263.4 KB · Views: 58

hittman

Staff member
Welcome to the forum.
You can put a WTB ad in Classifieds.
I wish I had a period correct box for my 5.5 inch 357 too,

larry8

Single-Sixer
I was watching the Ruger video on disassembly, cleaning and the other one on reassembly while cleaning my Super Redhawk 44 when the #9 hammer strut seat shot out and landed somewhere in my garage. I could not find it even after looking for a total of 6 hours in 3 days. So I sent a letter to Ruger customer service asking them to send me another one and gave them my Visa number to charge it to. I don't expect to get it for free since it was my fault that I lost it. Sent the letter on 1-4-2024 but haven't heard from them yet.

Last edited:

3manfan

Single-Sixer
I was watching the Ruger video on disassembly, cleaning and the other one on reassembly while cleaning my Super Redhawk 44 when the #9 main spring retainer shot out and landed somewhere in my garage. I could not find it even after looking for a total of 6 hours in 3 days. So I sent a letter to Ruger customer service asking them to send me another one and gave them my Visa number to charge it to. I don't expect to get it for free since it was my fault that I lost it. Sent the letter on 1-4-2024 but haven't heard from them yet.
Calling them would be much quicker, 1-336-949-5200

I was watching the Ruger video on disassembly, cleaning and the other one on reassembly while cleaning my Super Redhawk 44 when the #9 main spring retainer shot out and landed somewhere in my garage. I could not find it even after looking for a total of 6 hours in 3 days. So I sent a letter to Ruger customer service asking them to send me another one and gave them my Visa number to charge it to. I don't expect to get it for free since it was my fault that I lost it. Sent the letter on 1-4-2024 but haven't heard from them yet.
Hearing on a Saturday probably won't happen.

Latest posts