RDS adjustment help

Help Support Ruger Forum:

plinker49

Bearcat
I just mounted a Vortex Venom RDS on my Ruger SR22 using the mounting plate from Gallway Precision. Sadly, on my first trip to the range with this I was unable to vertically zero the sight. At full UP adjustment my POI remains about 4-6" low. I can visually detect a very slight upward cant at the front of the adapter plate so I suspect that is contributing to the issue. I've considered taking the plate off to attempt some adjustment but I'd prefer not doing that because it was pretty tough getting it mounted to begin with - very tight fit. I've thought of possibly adding some sort of spacers under the mounting screws at the rear of the optic but I'm not sure that would do what I think it would - don't really know enough about RDS internals. So, any suggestions from folks who might have dealt with this problem (successfully or otherwise) would be appreciated.

Carrij

Bearcat
Got this one on Amazon. Actually got two, one for mine and one for a friend. Both used on a SR22. Bought them in 2019, set them up on Galloway bases and have held positions since. We both have Fastfire 3's on ours. Ran for $14.95 back in 2019.

UM TACTICAL Delrin Shim 1.0 Degree for Vortex Venom & Viper, Burris Fastfire II, III, Docters and Sightmark Optics

Carrij

Bearcat
I don't want to send this thread down a rabbit hole but have you guys experienced functional problems with the FF3 on your SR22 pistols?
No problems at all. My buddy has the standard version and I have the longer barrel version. We both average around 150-200 rounds a week. Both of us have done endurance runs of up to 1,000 rounds without any cleaning and both guns continued to perform without any issues. We're both using Blazer 40grn lead round nose for ammo. My friend has a captured guide rod spring in his, mine is stock. Hope this helps.