RCA Engraved Super Single Sixes

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
These rarely seen RCA Engraved Single Sixes made their way to the RPM stables this week. They came in the original yellow hinged boxes and RCA presentation cases. Two variations were produced. An American version and a Spanish version. These guns were also single cylinder guns and has two stars stamped in front of the trigger guard. These guns used for this project are the only guns Ruger double stamped the stars on. Most single cylinder guns only had one star stamped. The engraver commissioned to do the job was Robert Kain and each gun has his personal logo engraved on the revolver. They also came with RCA letters of authenticity.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Nice! I've not seen any of those models for quite some time!

You must'a done some real diggin' to find those babies!!!

:D

flatgate

RCA230

Bearcat
I own one of these in the American flavor (# A1502). However, mine does not have the Robert Kain personal logo engraved on it.

Could this mean that it was a Jerred Sr./Jr. engraved specimen?

KNR-5_Engraved_1.jpg

KNR-5_Engraved_2.jpg

KNR-5_Engraved_3.jpg

RCA230

Bearcat
chet15 said:
Jerred and/or Jerred Jr. only did a few of them.
Kain did all of the Spanish
Chet15

I read an older post of yours (and I quote) "You can tell Jerred Sr.'s barrel signature from Jerred, Jr. in that Jr. has an additional roman numeral II around the signature. "

Do you happen to have any photo comparisons?

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
contender said:
I see Rick has been digging into a treasure trove again!
Very nice, and rarely seen!
Ty, Yes I have been digging treasure. Along with these engraved guns I managed to find a boxed lightweight and another Mark 1 Busy Bee gun number BB007. I have only seen two and those are the ones I currently own. And then the RCA Red Barn gun that has added engraving for Ray Viramontez.

Coogs

Maximum
Flatgate, ya shoulda looked a little closer at my Harrisburg display, I had my pair in there. They are beautiful pieces, RPM, nice find, Coogs.

eveled

Hawkeye
Those are simply amazing, I can't stop drooling! I'm curious if the Magnum cylinders are engraved to match? Ed

flattop44

Buckeye
It seems to be the general opinion among collectors that the "II" mark with CHJ initials on the RCA Engraved Single-Sixes means that Charles H. Jerred Jr did the engraving. I do not believe that is necessarily correct. Please see the third paragraph in the copy of the letter below from Charles H. Jerred to Nancy Padua at the RCA. CHJ was responding to the RCA when the RCA Engraving program was being established. Mr. Jerred says the the "II" will be used so no one will ever mistake these guns for the original ones in the future. I believe either CHJ, CHJ,Jr. or both could have engraved the RCA guns with the "II" marking. I have seen one gun without a "II" and have heard of another one and believe that could have simply been an oversight....maybe even by Charles H. Jerred, Jr. when he engraved it. Of course JMHO!!
Bill

flattop44

Buckeye
Radical, you are exactly right....you have to remove the front sight to see the "II" mark. Lucky that they are just screwed on!! ;))....there is also a #xx number under there too. The number may correspond to how many that were done. The one that I have left in my collection has #18. I saw one American that had the CHJ stylized initials did not have anything under the front sight. I believe the II and #xx was just omitted in error...did not mean anything about which Jerred engraved it. Rick, what is the number, if any, under your gun's front sight? Coogs, how about your gun? And anyone else that has one?? Be interesting to see how high the numbers go.
Bill