Range Report 11-22-22 Ruger PCC

Help Support Ruger Forum:

NetNathan

Single-Sixer
Here is my target from 25 yards. Using Primary Arms SLx1 green dot with ACSS 9MM reticle.
On an elevated rail so I can use iron sights is desired.
Fiocchi 115 grain.

For my old eyes the 1 MOA chevron is a little hard to see. It was easier to use the 65 MOA horseshoe and center it on the yellow circle.
Waiting on my Holosun 3X magnifier and will go to 50 and 100 yards.
I am very pleased with what it did.

My Ruger 9mm PCC.jpg
Target Range Report 11-22-22.jpg

Attachments

• My Ruger 9mm PCC and SW Model 10 32 special.jpg
    My Ruger 9mm PCC and SW Model 10 32 special.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 75

hittman

Staff member
Did your Carbine come with that bag? Or, did you get it from ShopRuger.com?
The one I use originally came with the 10/22 Take-down and has the logo in red.

NetNathan

Single-Sixer
No bag, and I though it lossy that it only came with 1 clip....
I bought mine from Ruger. It is a velcro attached label, is yours.?

hittman

Staff member
Mine is embroidery.

And my carbine is the standard forearm, not the tactical / rail system like yours.

NetNathan

Single-Sixer
I guess they changed bag styles. I can put whatever I want there.
I go my bag in April of this year, that is how long I have had my PCC.
I was stunned I could get a threaded barrel in super strict CA.

Is yours the tactical version like mine?

NetNathan

Single-Sixer
I would have gotten that one, but I wanted the M-lok rail. In hind sight I should have gotten the 19100 and bought a rail form a place like Midwest Industries. The Ruger rail only has m-lok at top, bottom, left, and right (4 sides). The other positions are some kind of vent. The Midwest rail has m-lok on all angles (8 sides).

Here is where mine started..
https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/specSheets/19117.html

I have Tandemkross claw extractor with stronger pins, buffer pad and heavy spring with stainless holding clip. Kaw Valley Precision Linear Compensator is on front of barrel.
I have smoothed and buffed the area on the back of the bolt head to smooth out the transition after firing when the bolt assy goes back and then comes forward to pick up the next shell. .
The optics are described in the post, the Holosun 3x magnifier is now mounted and makes a huge difference. Going to the range this weekend to see how I do at 50 yards.
Still running Ruger clips..

Last edited:

ChiefTJS

Blackhawk
That looks pretty good. I had initial issues with my rifle as it wouldn't feed well enough to get through a full magazine with the Glock mags I wanted to use. A new magwell cured the problem and it's been 100% since. I need to play with loads and find what it likes best for accuracy.

NetNathan

Single-Sixer
That looks pretty good. I had initial issues with my rifle as it wouldn't feed well enough to get through a full magazine with the Glock mags I wanted to use. A new magwell cured the problem and it's been 100% since. I need to play with loads and find what it likes best for accuracy.
Yes... for some reason, the Ruger PCC is known for feed failures. When I first got mine I could not go thru 2 clips without an ejection or feed failure..
After adding the Tandemkross ejector and the work on the bolt head, I now get about 1 fail in 50 rounds (5 clips).
It seems to happen more with 147 grain...