problems with P944TH??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

vanbsnepdx

Bearcat
anyone know of recalls or problems with the P944TH?? i own five wheel guns,but have not shot a pistol from ruger yet. was looking at the P944TH.

glockmutt

Single-Sixer
Can't say that I know of any. I have one I purchased new just a few months ago and I think it's great. None of that PC crap on it, loaded chamber indicator or a mag disconnect.
IM001173.jpg

Fishslayer

Single-Sixer
Nice. And made of metal, as God & Mr. Ruger intended. 8)

I have a whole bunch of "incidental bycatch" .40 brass on my bench. That 944 looks like just the launcher to give me an excuse to start reloading another caliber... :twisted:

Mike J

Hunter
I have one with roughly 3000 rounds through it. It is a reliable pistol.

Gizmo42

Single-Sixer
No idea how many rounds have gone through my KP944 but its at least a couple thousand rounds. The only problems I've had were with some reloads I bought at a gun show. Apparently they didnt measure the brass first or reload them right or something (I dont reload so not sure). Every 2-3 rds would jam, they were slightly too large to feed into the chamber. Someone else told me he bought some and they jammed badly in his XD too. Never a problem with any factory ammo though.

Img_0287e.jpg

Tx944

Bearcat
Gizmo,
I like the Hogue Grips you got there, I should have a pair like that with the finger grooves by the middle of next week.
Where you went with the SS slide I went with the solid black look,
I liked the no flash, Tactical look.
8)

Pixs

Bearcat
Hi Folks,
I have a P-944T, purchased 12/18/09, almost identical to the first picture except for the black strip in the front of the frame by the mag well. I immediately had problems with the mags falling out when fired, I called Ruger and they tried to talk me through removing the mag lock to get the spring out to re tension it. I couldn't get it out and I sent it back to them. It came back 3 weeks later fully repaired at no charge, no problems since. Nice folks to deal with. I'm saving my penny's for a model 77 rifle.
Best to all,
Pixs
.ps buy it

Dusterman

Single-Sixer
I have 2 P94s 1 in 9mm and the other is the 40 cal. If you haven't shot a pistol before I suggest you go to a range and shoot a 40 cal. it can be a bit to snappy for some people. I'm not saying it's not a good gun I love mine I just had to get used to how it shoots it's definitely different than a 9mm. I bought my P944 to go with my PC40 and will keep both of these until I can't shoot anymore. Oh I forgot I've never had any problems with it. Dusterman

Pops 1

Single-Sixer
My son and son-in-law both own a P94 40, they have never had a prodlem. My son-in-law used his in law enforcement untill thay started issuing Glocks.

Gizmo42

Single-Sixer
The Hogue grips are really nice and make the snappiness much less of an issue. You do need larger hands with them though. My buddy has small hands and can barely fire it since I put them on. The grooves help him hold it better but since they make the whole gripe bigger his little girl hands cant wrap around very well.

I like the SS look 8) My SR9c is also the SS version. I just wish the frame on my 944 was black, I like the black frame / SS slide look the best. Since my 944 is for fun and home defense the SS shininess isnt an issue.

Latest posts