Problems reloading 327 found my answer

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Yesterday I started in on a batch of 100 327 rounds to reload. I cleaned them a week ago or so. But I had nothing but problems. The bullets weren't seating right in the case. I could just push them down into the case with my thumb.

So after adjusting the crimp on the seating die, I was still having some trouble. Some of the bullets could twist in the case even after being crimped in place.

Anyone know why? I do....

A while back I started using a spent primer remover, and NOT the decapping pin in the sizing die. Then I cleaned the cases and had bright shiny primer pockets.

I finally gave up yesterday after struggling with about 20 cases. Today I sat down at the bench and thought it through....

I didn't go back and resize the cases.

Just now after realizing my mistake I removed the decapping pin and got the rest of my primed cases resized properly. Problem solved.

My question... Will the 20 or so bullets I reloaded present any problems since they we not resized from the last firing?

I know this is a rookie mistake. I have been reloading for 10 years now....perhaps in another 20 years I'll get the hang of it. :D

But seriously, I enjoy the reloading process because if you do everything the same way each time it's foolproof.

NikA

Buckeye
The answer will depend on the load. The worst result for a revolver is that the bullets may jump crimp and tie up the cylinder, but if you can twist the bullets but not pull them out I would not expect this to be a problem with light to medium loads.

Yeah I'm going to have to pull the bullets and resize the cases. They do fit in the cylinder, with just a touch of pressure, so just not quite right...

I just finished loading the rest of the properly sized cases, everything went just as good as could be.