Price for a Black Hawk Hunter .45 Colt

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rafsob

Single-Sixer
Got a like NIB Black Hawk Hunter in .45 Colt and want to sell it. What would a good price be:

SBHHunter45Colt.jpg

I will be selling it without the Leupold scope!

lolbell

Single-Sixer
I bought a Bisley Hunter in 45 Colt a couple of months ago and had to give $900 for it . It was a new gun but the LNIB guns were just as expensive. Since they are a dealer exclusive item and only a limited number out there, unless Davidson decides to order another round of them, people can get about what they want for them.

Timbo22

Single-Sixer
I don't know of current prices on this particular model but they are somewhat scarce. I believe they were a special run for Lipsey with 732 made in 45 Colt. They are a little heavier than a regular 7 1/2" SBH but are a great set up to scope a hunting revolver. These "Hunter" models also came in 44 and 41 Magnum and some came with a Bisley grip but in fewer numbers, in 45 Colt at least.

32magfan

Blackhawk
Most of these i have seen new are offered at $675-750 + tax. Back off 10-15% and you should find a taker. Try the classifieds or post at your local range. Offer to those you know who admired it while you had it out shooting - they may want it.

I have all 3 of these :41Mag, 44Mag and 45Colt with Bisley grips. I never thought I would want or need a "scoped handgun". Boy, was I ever WRONG about that. These things are very accurate at 100 yards.

Good luck with the sale.

32Magfan

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
Timbo22 said:
I don't know of current prices on this particular model but they are somewhat scarce. I believe they were a special run for Lipsey with 732 made in 45 Colt. They are a little heavier than a regular 7 1/2" SBH but are a great set up to scope a hunting revolver. These "Hunter" models also came in 44 and 41 Magnum and some came with a Bisley grip but in fewer numbers, in 45 Colt at least.

Just note those numbers are off and very likely way off. Ruger has continued to make both the Bisley Hunter and the regular Hunter as the OP has for the past several years in limited numbers. I know this as I was tracking serial numbers for a while and I have seen the various differences in markings as well as serial numbers to verify it.

As for price, it just depends on who the buyer is. I had to sell off my Ruger Hunter collection a few months back due to medical bills and I was pretty happy with how they sold. Mine were all NIB unfired and I got what I paid for all of them and a few I made a little money on.

These are great guns and I like the grips you added to yours.

kelbro

Single-Sixer
$700-725 for the last two that I saw sold here in the Phoenix area. One had a Leupold scope.

Latest posts