Price check on a MK II

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dirt1

Bearcat
I would like to make an offer on a 1985 Mark II target (Blue)with a 5 1/2" bull barrel. It is un-fired and includes the box and paperwork.

Just wondering what the real world price is on the pistol. My Blue Book list 100% at $295.00 . What would be a reasonable offer? Thanks for the help.

dirt1

Hauss

Bearcat
Well, I would say that the Blue Book might be a little low on the price. I wouldn't hesitate to pay 350-375 for it. MK II's seem to be going up quite a bit in price these days.

Lo-Bo

Bearcat
I just looked at a new M3 blue target model with upgraded wood grips. Price was $328 and tax. They also had the same model with the 22/45 grip frame and upgraded wood. Price was $310 and tax.

A

Anonymous

Lo-Bo":31vwm70d said:
I just looked at a new M3 blue target model with upgraded wood grips. Price was $328 and tax. They also had the same model with the 22/45 grip frame and upgraded wood. Price was $310 and tax.

Apples and Oranges

Jasperharley

Bearcat
I paid way more for my SS 5.5 NIB 1984 Mark II. How much more?
The perfect amount.

At the end of the day you should assign the value of the object based on how much you want it and how much you can afford.

I really wanted exactly what I got, so I was willing to pay a little extra. It was worth every penny, and my NIB MKII now has over 8000 rounds in it.

I did not buy it to put it on a shelf though, I just wanted a virgin that could be totally mine, which I could then shoot the crap out of. Of course if you are collecting and looking to buy this as an investment (really? Why? ) I would ignore my advice.

lol