Bearcat
How'd it go? I love mine

Attachments

• DSCF0929 (2).JPG
    DSCF0929 (2).JPG
    297.9 KB · Views: 87

oldcrab

Bearcat
Went down to the range and had two days of testing multiple cartridges.
Things went very, very well.
The bullet that was the most accurate, so far, is a 158 grain hard cast SWC from missouri bullets. Did 7-yard shooting on day one, and 15 yard shooting on day two. Found out that the 158 gr. lead is right in center of target at 15 yards as long as I keep muzzle velocity at around 1100 feet per second.
Next round of shooting will be a 125-gr Hornady XTP hollow point, and will load a few different velocities to see which one settles into the center of target at 15 yards. Then I'll have a great defensive load to go along with 158gr SWC for target work.

I absolutely love the gun, and now I've got "the little brother" to my stainless 6-inch GP100.

Life is good!!

Crab

Attachments

• Wiley Clapp II 1789 357 Mag.PNG
    Wiley Clapp II 1789 357 Mag.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 83

KIR

Sparks, NV
Seems like every picture I see of a GP-100, the grips have been changed.

ChiefTJS

Blackhawk
My new Match Champion III came with the Hogue grips without finger grooves. Not sure at this point if I'll change them or not as they are very comfortable.

vlavalle

Single-Sixer
Congratulatios. I have a 6" GP100 357 mag which i absolutely love. I also ended up lightning up the trigger.
What is the trigger pull for for GP100 in both dual action and also in single action in pounds? I purchased a Ruger GP100 during COVID and have shot it once since receiving it. My shooting range is outdoors, and I shoot either at 25 yards or 50. The pull did not ssem hard in either situation, although it is nothing like the trigger pull on my 1965 Ruger 6.5" Blackhawk. Of course, this is a SA revolver, but the trigger pull on this is leass than 1 pound!

vlavalle

Single-Sixer
took my 6 inch to the range tonight working on shooting double action.

View attachment 17349
At what distance were you shooting to get these results? And were you standing, holding the gun in your hand (or hands - I shoot with my arm extended all the way, and long the gun in just the extended hand), or did you rest the gun on something rigid? I am new to double action, so perhaps I should be shooting double handed right in front of me?

dannyd

Hunter
At what distance were you shooting to get these results? And were you standing, holding the gun in your hand (or hands - I shoot with my arm extended all the way, and long the gun in just the extended hand), or did you rest the gun on something rigid? I am new to double action, so perhaps I should be shooting double handed right in front of me?
Two hands, standing, red dot, 15 yards, double action, weak hand. Had to start using my right hand a 63 because my left shoulder is beyond repair. (left handed by nature) I dry fire everyday of the week try to shoot between 200 and 300 rounds every week too. Finished 2022 shooting 11,809 rounds. Almost all of it with a GP100. Now at 65 I try to practice as much as I did at 35. :)

BD9502DF-8B3D-4F8E-924A-F3B1FE43BA86.jpeg

4244AA3A-F378-4808-B29F-6CC7DCC1B2B4.jpeg

Rock185

Bearcat
I'm a late comer to the GP100 World, having acquired my first one just a couple years ago. Mine is a 10mm MC. And yes, I have tried different grips and front sights on mine.
I like the GP100. I wouldn't want it to get around on a Ruger forum though, that my favorite revolver in a similar size might just be the S&W 686;-)

Attachments

• Ruger GP100 and Knife.JPG
    Ruger GP100 and Knife.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 54

dannyd

Hunter
I'm a late comer to the GP100 World, having acquired my first one just a couple years ago. Mine is a 10mm MC. And yes, I have tried different grips and front sights on mine.
I like the GP100. I wouldn't want it to get around on a Ruger forum though, that my favorite revolver in a similar size might just be the S&W 686;-)
Everyone has different experiences; the first S&W I fired was a K-22 with those little grips; did not like it. But my old man had a 1955 NIB Python and I didn't like it ether. Pickup a GP100 in 1989 it was true love a first touch. Picked up 4 more after that one.

I carried a 6" full rib GP100 for a while when there was a known presence of a large predator in the area. It's a great shooting handgun good as far as the shooter is capable but just too heavy for constant everyday carry.

dannyd

Hunter
I carried a 6" full rib GP100 for a while when there was a known presence of a large predator in the area. It's a great shooting handgun good as far as the shooter is capable but just too heavy for constant everyday carry.
Like carrying a boat anchor in your pants. :)

contender

Ruger Guru
"Seems like every picture I see of a GP-100, the grips have been changed."

My GP-100's wear the grips that came with them. Mine are the MC guns & love the factory grips.