Picked up a decent SBH 3-screw w/box & goodies...pics

Help Support Ruger Forum:

VonFatman

Blackhawk
It was too nice to leave sit. NOT perfect, but nice. The dealer had just traded for it and had not yet placed it out on the shelf. It's blue is so bright and clean I'm not even sure it's not a re-blue! But heck, if it's been re-blued, it was such a nice job I can live with the gun either way.

I'd never seen a SBE wish such a luster...I guess that's the reason I'm a little goosey on the finish.

The box matches. The gun HAS been converted, but the parts to put it back to original are in the box. It came with some neat "Jay Scott" grips as well as perfect factory grips. Looks to be a '73 gun (at least that's my guess).

I have a beautiful "SBE Transitional" and a later SBE (shooter) but never felt I could justify a 3-screw...certainly not one this nice...til' today anyway.

BTW...what would a box and the papers add (if anything) to the gun's value...I really do not know. I just figured it was a nice bonus. I thought one of you may have that answer.

I would not have bought the gun (unless WAY cheap) if it had not had the original parts in the box.

It sure did look good tonight while the sun was setting!

Bob

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

mraywi

Single-Sixer
SHOW OFF!!! :D All mine have only two pins on side,but that blue sure is a deep shiny luster!!!
How far east of Blue Springs are you???

contender

Ruger Guru
You appear to have one of the high polish SBH's and to have it with the box & papers is a big plus. I'd bet the finish is original,, and the box/papers adds about a C-note to the value. It all looks good & "right." Now,, convert that puppy back to it's original configuration and smile a LOT!

flatgate

Hawkeye
Reblued? Perhaps, but probably not.

A quick look at the breech face will offer an answer.

Original guns will exhibit some "fitting" work on the breech face.
Reblued guns will be "all blue".

Of course, since Ruger did have the gun for installation of their "conversion kit" the Work Order would also show a refinish job and reflect the cost (if indeed it was refinished, but, I doubt it).

NICE SUPER! Value? As shown; in the $600 range.

JMHO,

flatgate

mraywi

Single-Sixer
Well we will have to get together at Crossfire and burn some powder!!! I have a safefull of New models,Red and Super reds but have never triggered a old model!!!

tom black

Blackhawk
Freakin BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! The OM RSB is probably my favorite sixgun of all time. I have 3 of 'em.
Tom Black

VonFatman

Blackhawk
Thanks to all who have replied! I am at work now wishing I was home looking over the gun again. There is something wrong here!

mraywi,
send me an e-mail vonfatmanATyahoo.com

Mr. flatgate,
You crack me up...you are SO on-the-money...I was out-the-door for $584! Makes me wonder if you all have a live any more than I do!!

Rafsob

Single-Sixer
NewModelBlackhawk.jpg

I bought this one last month. It is in .41 Mag and I am having one hell of a fun time shooting itwith different loads.