PC4 using Glock (or XD) Mags?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

felixthecat1

Bearcat
I've recently begun reading on several forums, and at times I come across posts that suggest there is an outfit out there can alter a pc4 / pc9 to accept Glock or Springfield XD Mags?

Do any of you know of such an outfit, and if so, wether or not I could still use my factory mags, or would my weapon then be ONLY compatible with Glock Mags?

I'm just having so much trouble with factory mags, in terms of price and availability (10rnd max), and I already have several (more than several really) GLock Mags in .40

Any feedback or suggestions welcomed.

Otony

Blackhawk
Boy, I would love to find out if this were true! Back when you could still get PCs for reasonable prices there was a similar rumour floating around about someone altering to accept either SIG 226 mags or Beretta 92 mags, I can't really recall which. Try as I might I NEVER was able to discover anyone doing such a thing.

A PC9 set up for Glock magazines would be the bomb.

Just a little thread drift, but back in the late '70s Iver Johnson/Plainfield offered M1 carbines in 9mm that used slightly altered High Power magazines. My understanding is that not many were made and functioning was a bit iffy. I don't remember whether or not the magazines would still function through a Browning. That would have been a nice combo back in the day......

felixthecat1

Bearcat
Rumrunner":2x33nkih said:
There was a guy in Ohio doing this. I think I have his flyer at home but not sure. I wont be back for 2 weeks though.
I think he also converetd Marlin Camp Carbines.
I can wait 2 weeks, maybe you could dig out for me when you get home?

In the mean time, anyone else who might have that info, I'd really appreciate any info!

bandit320

Bearcat
I found this over on the XDTalk forum, modifying an P95 9 mm magazine to work with 40 S&W. Might be worth a try. The thread also talks about using an XD magazine in the PC-4.

Mike

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/general-sa ... -mags.html

"Ruger P Series pistol mags will probably work well in most XD's. If you do a comparison, the feed angle is slightly different, due to grip/frame angle being slightly different. With round nose or conical nose bullets, this is apparently okay. Modification, by carefully cutting the proper mag retention hole should be all that is necessary. As with any XD, ammo used may be a factor in reliabiltiy.

I have yet to modify one for my XD's, (that will be next) but have been working with the 32 round 9mm extended mags intended for the Ruger PC9 Carbine, for my Ruger PC4 Carbine. Ruger or aftermarket magazine suppliers do not offer a extended mag for the .40 SW cartridge, yet 32 round mags are available for the P series pistols. ( anyway--I was unable to find any .40's) By opening up the feed lips of the 9mm magazine from approx .346 (Straight) to .400 at the front, tapered to .365 at the rear, the .40 SW cartridges feed flawlessly in my PC4 carbine. I now have modified 6 magazines that give me 20 round capability in the PC4 versus 10 round factory mag's.

Pro Mag 32 round 9mm P series mags are available from "Cheaper than Dirt" for $22.00 each, item # MAG-441. Pro Mag offers a lifetime warranty on these magazines, which I'm sure is voided by modification for XD or .40 SW use. Caution, alteration of any firearm or accessory should be done with care, and readers of this post assume any liability for thier own actions.

My last online order indicated they had about 60 of the 32 round mags in stock. Curt, mgtd"

Al James

Hunter
Lone Wolf is one of the companys that converted the PC's to accept Glock mags. Maybe a call to them would lead you in the right direction. If they no longer do the conversion maybe they know who still does. Hey Felix! Get your mags yet?

felixthecat1

Bearcat
Al James":2zi4mjho said:
Lone Wolf is one of the companys that converted the PC's to accept Glock mags. Maybe a call to them would lead you in the right direction. If they no longer do the conversion maybe they know who still does. Hey Felix! Get your mags yet?

Nope, haven't got those 2 from u yet, but I'm sure they'll be here tomorrow or saturday! I'll be sure to let u know as soon as I get em!

Sure seems like a backerds way of doing things to me... modify your PC 9 to accept Glock mags... why? You could buy a P89 and P95 for what it probably cost.

now the modification of the 9mm ruger mags to 40 cal seems like it's worth a try.

felixthecat1

Bearcat
blume357":h8si80m5 said:
Sure seems like a backerds way of doing things to me... modify your PC 9 to accept Glock mags... why? You could buy a P89 and P95 for what it probably cost.

now the modification of the 9mm ruger mags to 40 cal seems like it's worth a try.

My interest is actually using .40 caliber Glock mags, in my PC4, because I already have 2) glock 22s in .40 s&w.

Saw a PC4 at the gun show yesterday with a $450 price tag on it... before I could walk away the guy was asking $400 for it... damn, now that I think about it I could have probably got it for $375... but didn't have the cash on me anyway.