WILL RUGER PC 9 CARBINE ACCEPT MAGS FROM ANY GEN GLOCK?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Snake Pleskin

Banned
I have a first generation Glock 19 and a number of 1st gen mags, and the bolt on my PC Carbine will not lock back on an empty mag, either while shooting or just inserting an empty and pulling back the bolt. It worked fine with my son's G5 Glock mags.
I had some original first gen mags that said Law Enforcement Only on them. I called Glock, sent them in and they replaced all of them free!

contender

Ruger Guru
I was out & about yesterday,, loafing in gun shops, pawn shops, & thrift stores. I found a Glock, OEM 31 round mag for $20. I'm going to try it out.

Snake,, you might look into USPSA dot org to see what it's all about. At clubs all across the country, they design, build & shoot "stages" that challenge you mentally & physically. There are (8) firearm categories, and (7) classifications of shooters. Then, there are divisions such as Junior, LEO, Senior, or Super Senior.
Basically, you can be any kind of shooter & compete against folks using similar firearms, with similar abilities.
But what it does do, is allow a person to work on their personal skills. Accuracy, speed, thinking, reacting, dealing with gun problems, etc. In general, you are training your body to have "motor memory skills." Same as many things we do daily.
But if you want to be competitive within your division, & classification, you want your equipment to be of quality & reliably function.

Snake Pleskin

Banned
I was out & about yesterday,, loafing in gun shops, pawn shops, & thrift stores. I found a Glock, OEM 31 round mag for $20. I'm going to try it out.

Snake,, you might look into USPSA dot org to see what it's all about. At clubs all across the country, they design, build & shoot "stages" that challenge you mentally & physically. There are (8) firearm categories, and (7) classifications of shooters. Then, there are divisions such as Junior, LEO, Senior, or Super Senior.
Basically, you can be any kind of shooter & compete against folks using similar firearms, with similar abilities.
But what it does do, is allow a person to work on their personal skills. Accuracy, speed, thinking, reacting, dealing with gun problems, etc. In general, you are training your body to have "motor memory skills." Same as many things we do daily.
But if you want to be competitive within your division, & classification, you want your equipment to be of quality & reliably function.
I took your advice. I am going to a USPSA, Steel Challenge Match, on the 30th. Never been to anything like it. So, I'll see how it goes!! I will probably take my 22/45's or maybe my TX22. I can take a TC 22 for a rifle. I can use my Glocks for the centerfire pistol portion. I will probably wait to see how it goes before I take my Ruger PC or Keltec 2000. I need to look and learn most of all.

contender

Ruger Guru
Good for you Snake. However, Steel Challenge is a bit different from normal USPSA. The stages never change. In that game, if you make your hits,, it's all about the speed you do it.
But it IS fun!

40nascar

Banned
I find magpul 20 rnd mags run perfect, but that doesn't help you. I find the ETS mags to be problematic with feeding reliability. I would avoid those. For bedside use, I prefer to use the short G26 mags. When maneuvering around doorways in a house, a long mag might not be a great option. Also, for sighting in at a range, the short mags come in handy.

Snake Pleskin

Banned
PC9 ? Is that what you're really asking about? They do not use Glock magazines.

The new PCC ? I can only guess that's what you're referring to. Mine takes any Glock mag I've ever tried. Never paid any attention to which gen Glock mags I have. Now I'm gonna have to look and see which gen I have...

I just looked. None of my Glock mags are marked in any way. Some older, some brand new. Must be no difference.

there is a number on th followr of glock mags. It will tell you how old they are.

Attachments

• glock Mag2.jpg
    glock Mag2.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 76
  • glock Mag3.jpg
    glock Mag3.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 73
  • glock Mags.jpg
    glock Mags.jpg
    335.7 KB · Views: 77

Snake Pleskin

Banned
How old is a number 7?
not very, the oldest start with #1 and go up. My pics show 5,6,7 I had older ones I traded into Glock who replaced them free of charge! Also , on the body of the mag you will see a cutout where the mag release catches it. They started with one cut out, then it had a metal insert in the cut out ,then they went to two cut outs one on each side, which i believe is the latest.

rapkonde

Bearcat
I am getting a Ruger PC 9 carbine this week. I want to have mags on hand so I can try it out. I have read the carbine accepts Glock 17 mags, but nowhere have I seen if the Gen of the Glock mag matters for this carbine.

Can anyone advise me on this question?

Also, what aftermarket mag other than Glock has the best reliability?

Thanks all -- I look forward to your advice1
Every glock mag has to be restricted to 10 rd in my state so none of the mags work all of the mags have a U groove so the bolt jams open they have to be off set like the standard mags (left side higher than the right side ) and I've tried them all , pe-band worked fine, went up to see a friend in NH. he has a G-17 & a G-19 both mags worked fine ! it didn't matter what gen i tried in the 10 rd it did not work and i tried all brands now i know now why i got it so cheap ! It's still a sweet firing carbine !