PC4 carbine disassembly/reassembly......

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Batty67

Bearcat
Got my PC-4 lower with the "trigger job" from Bill Springfield of triggerwork.com. Same long take-up but the break seems cleaner and smoother. Of course, need to shoot it to really experience the difference. From mailing out to receiving it was about a week. So great turnaround time. Bill also took the time to talk with me twice and explain what he was going to do (described above).

He also explained what I did to screw up the trigger assembly in the first place and how to avoid screwing it up in the future! That is, unload, charge the handle, put on the safety, do any/all cleaning (carefully), and reassemble completely BEFORE pulling the trigger. To reiterate: never, ever cock or the hammer (or fire it if you do) when the stock is removed from the receiver.

Batty67

Bearcat
Okay, shot 100 rounds through it at NRA HQ range in Fairfax, VA to sight-in my recently refurbished (nitrogen purge to brighten reticle) Eotech. Trigger much smoother. Huge improvement? No. Major improvement? Yes. Worth $50 shipped with 1-week turn around time (including USPS)? Definitely!

Again, the basic trigger function was only minimally altered, but it was disassembled and stoned/smoothed out.

Some more observations on the PC4 in general. It really is heavy. Adding a pouch with two loaded magazines (if I could find one, which I doubt I could) would make in really, really heavy. Great ergonomics. Great accuracy. Bit of a PITA to disassemble and clean (I'm on the anal side of cleaning my guns), but now that I'm comfortable with assembly/reassembly, it is not too bad.