9mm carbine.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

OMCHamlin

Single-Sixer
You will also have to focus on bullet style, weight and brand of ammo. Any change will change the point of impact and the distance they are accurate.
It matters if you want to reach out to greater distances with a 16" barrels. We can hit a man size piece of steel 4 out of 5 times at 150 meters and 2-3 times in 5 at 200 meters. It drops off pretty suddenly. Hollow points and flat tip bullets can become ballistically unstable. Spinning off at greater or lessor distances in a 360 degree widening area of effect. They are a lot of fun and our family's choice for Home Defence since they won't over penetrate out of our home.
"9mm VLDs" 😀

bookemdano

Single-Sixer
50 yd zero 147gr 9mm.jpg

Dano

New Ruger PC-9 carbines have an adapter for use with Glock magazines.
Glock magazines are all I use in my PC-9.
No problems.
Those are the newer PCC's. PC9's have not been made since 2006 and do not accept Glock mags. PCC's and PC9's are not the same firearm, nor are their names interchangeable..

Last edited:

zaitcev

Bearcat
Yes, they do, on both Ruger and Glock mags
On aftermarket adapters for other magazine types too.

The adapter includes a little transfer bar, specific to the magazine type (e.g. Glock, Ruger (2 subtypes), CZ-75, Beretta, etc.) This bar allows disparate magazines to activate the bolt stop lever that is built into the gun, in a uniform way.

I also think that the PC9 and PC(C/C) naming by Ruger is confusing. One unfortunate result of this is that Numrich only has one category for parts of both. But of course they are completely different guns, with no common parts.

Rat76

Single-Sixer
On aftermarket adapters for other magazine types too.

The adapter includes a little transfer bar, specific to the magazine type (e.g. Glock, Ruger (2 subtypes), CZ-75, Beretta, etc.) This bar allows disparate magazines to activate the bolt stop lever that is built into the gun, in a uniform way.

I also think that the PC9 and PC(C/C) naming by Ruger is confusing. One unfortunate result of this is that Numrich only has one category for parts of both. But of course they are completely different guns, with no common parts.
I think the confusion is an intentional marketing decision on the part of Ruger. :(

"ON THE NEW RUGER PPC 9MM CARBINES, WHAT ARE YOUR 50 AND 100YARD OR METER GROUP SIZES?"
I don't have a 'PCC' but the various other 9mm carbines or 'carbine platform' pistols I've tested produced paper plate size groups @ 100 yards. Most are better but much depends on sighting equipment at that range.
I found with a 6 MOA dot, zeroing to hit at the top of the dot @25 yards puts the 100 yard POI not too far below the bottom of the dot. This is pretty coarse aiming but my expectations for 'long range' 9mm use are not high anyway. :unsure: