Pay to Play

Help Support Ruger Forum:

callshot

Blackhawk
Last June I ordered some brass from Star Line Brass. I started saving my change every night until today. I recently got the brass a few weeks ago and the bill came to $72.25. When I cashed in my change, I got $83.55!

This is what it looked like before I went to turn it in.
dsc04477.jpg

Top view of the change...
dsc04478.jpg

A better shot of the change...
dsc04479.jpg

A year ago or so I did the same thing to pay for my Barranti holster and cartridge slide. It's a painless way to fund my shooting habit.

wixedmords

Blackhawk
That is a good way to do it callshot.

You traded a little nickel, a little copper, a little zinc, and a little silver for a bunch of brass. Ok, don't think of it that way.

You showed great determination and you proved it is ok to save for something you really want. I bet that brass is worth a little more in your mind with the process. Good brass btw. ;)

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
The good thing about having callshot come over to the house is, he'll check behind the sofa cushions for free, and also takes any fritos, raisons , or peanuts , not to mention any change. He's also been known to check candy machines and pay phone coin return slots :lol: .

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Here is something up to your speed, Steve !

41kXUSvurHL__SL500_AA280_.jpg

Just pull it by its string, as you walk around in circles, singing "Operator"
Give me a call , Steve . I 'll talk with you :D .

sixshot

Buckeye
You remember when the blind guy with the monkey stood on the corner & held out a tin cup for change, Callshot was arrested twice for swiping the cup!

Dick

contender

Ruger Guru
After he got arrested for swiping the cups,, he changed his tatics. He dressed in a monky suit,, and got a homeless guy to run the organ grinder for a bottle of Ripple! THATS how he got the change!

Fired up

Bearcat
Jeff Hoover":1z8c94zo said:
Here is something up to your speed, Steve !

41kXUSvurHL__SL500_AA280_.jpg

Just pull it by its string, as you walk around in circles, singing "Operator"
Give me a call , Steve . I 'll talk with you :D .

LOL!! I had one of those when I was a little girl!! :wink:

Chief 101

Hunter
The last 2 times I emptied my change bucket I ended up with about 500 bucks for the first and then about 230 for the last. As much as I needed a new Ruger I ended up giving it to friends with job and house problems. Shame on me for not getting a new Ruger but I have no regrets.
Chief aka Maxx Load

Swampbilly

Single-Sixer
That's where I am right now...I'm sure I have approx. $500 in loose change to cash in.

Just need to get the account opened at a local bank to process it. FYI - many banks (Wachovia for one) will no longer process bulk coins for you anymore...specifically loose mixed coins.

Years ago, when I lived near New Orleans, Regents Bank would do this...I dropped off my bag of coins, it might take them a couple of days to process it, but they would and then deposit the amount to my account and send a receipt. No surcharge was levied...free service. This was better than using the coin machines in town and paying them a fee.

Recently, I went to Wachovia and checked with a couple of others and they would NOT do this...and told me NONE of the banks would.

Well, I was able to locate Regents Bank locations in Charlotte NC (not too far away and I'm often there anyway) and happy to learn they STILL do this as a free service for their customers. I can drop this off when I happen to be in the area. So, I'll be transferring my checking account from Wachovie to Regents.

Regards,

MD

callshot

Blackhawk
The Credit Union where I turned them in has a coin counter machine. No fees and it only took about 1 minute. The only thing they require is that you don't dump a container of coins with water in the container. That did happen once. My grand daughter takes a hand full of coins from her mothers apron each night after work. She is only 5 yrs old and knows how to operate the machine. She now has right at $2,100.00 by depositing every other week or so. It is fun to see it add up. A friend of mine just threw his quarters in a drawer for a while. I don't know how much he has, but he cashes a bunch in every time he needs something. Steve

Lee Martin

Hunter
Funny you should post this. I just cashed in $2,300 in change I've been accumulating since the late 90's. Put it towards a State Arms 50 BMG which lists for $2,750. Feels nice to only have to cough-up another $350 for a gun like that.