P95DC serial number

Help Support Ruger Forum:

claudester

Bearcat
I just bought a used P95DC with a serial number starting with 316-237_ _ and couldn't find info at the Ruger site. Does
anyone here know what year this gun would have been made in?
Thanks

roylt

Hunter
You have the P95DPR model.

http://www.ruger.com/service/productHistory/PI-P95DPR.html

Very nice pistol. You'll enjoy it. Welcome here too.

claudester

Bearcat
roylt said:

Thanks for the Welcome and reply but where does theP95DPR come from when P95DC is stamped on the slide.
I have shot it and must say it is very accurate and very little recoil but I'm having a big problem with not ejecting the brass infact it's terrible but I have to work on finding out a solution.

carbonyl

Single-Sixer
Maybe you need to remove and clean behind the extractor. It's very easy to do and if it's worn you can buy a new one from Ruger, $17 for blued and $21 for stainless.

claudester

Bearcat
carbonyl said:
Maybe you need to remove and clean behind the extractor. It's very easy to do and if it's worn you can buy a new one from Ruger, $17 for blued and $21 for stainless.

The extractor is sharp and I tore the gun down twice and cleaned. It's buggin the heck out of me. I've extracted loaded rounds manually and put fired casings in the chamber and they extract fine.

hittman

Staff member
Have others shot it and had the same ejection problem? If it works for others ..... check for limp wristing.

claudester

Bearcat
claudester said:
roylt said:

Thanks for the Welcome and reply but where does theP95DPR come from when P95DC is stamped on the slide.
I have shot it and must say it is very accurate and very little recoil but I'm having a big problem with not ejecting the brass infact it's terrible but I have to work on finding out a solution.

Called Ruger today and found out that it was made in Nov. 2006. The PR came from them adding the piccadilly rail.

claudester

Bearcat
hittman said:
Have others shot it and had the same ejection problem? If it works for others ..... check for limp wristing.

Yes, My neighbor shot it with the same results and I took it to a gun shop this morning and same thing plus while disassembling it the recoil spring retaining clip flew off and couldn't find it. Called Ruger and they sent me a prepaid shipping label and they will fix it for free. Can't beat that! :D

carbonyl

Single-Sixer
No doubt Ruger will take great care of you, their customer service is as good as it gets. Not that it matters now but I've read of others who've had that problem and they bent their extractor a bit more and claim that solved the problem.

roylt

Hunter
There are two parts that need to work together to make a case exit the pistol.
The extractor and the ejector. Most likely the ejector is bent slightly.

Ruger will fix it. Wish I knew how you got them to send you a free shipping label. Cost me $30 bucks! And I'm the P-nut king! (self proclaimed, haha)

claudester

Bearcat
roylt said:
There are two parts that need to work together to make a case exit the pistol.
The extractor and the ejector. Most likely the ejector is bent slightly.

Ruger will fix it. Wish I knew how you got them to send you a free shipping label. Cost me $30 bucks! And I'm the P-nut king! (self proclaimed, haha)

Didn't even ask about shipping. Got a email when I got off the phone and it came with a overnight label. Dropped the gun off at UPS this morning.

last time I shipped something to a manufacturer.... was two Gerber multi tool knives both, I had broken the cutting blade on them... I enclosed a letter asking them to fix them and send me a bill.... two weeks later I got two brand new knives in the mail.... needless to say, I'm a Gerber fan.

dwd

Single-Sixer
I don't mean to hijack the thread but I am a Gerber multi-tool fan as well. I had the same results from CS too!

Latest posts