P90 Trigger Bar assembly issue

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Donaldjr1969

Blackhawk
Yesterday while doing a routine fieldstrip of my P90, I managed to pop that wire spring loose from the grip frame that is part of the trigger bar assembly. How I did it, I have no idea...

P90-spring2.jpg

Now the spring did not come out of the trigger bar itself. But after looking at the pistol and into the grip frame, I think I put it in the right place.

P90-spring.jpg

So for my fellow P90 owners, did I put the spring in the right place?

Donaldjr1969

Blackhawk
Thanks, everybody. I thought I did it right but wanted to make sure. Luckily the other end never came off the trigger bar.

Pierow

Blackhawk
Hi Donald,

Glad you solved the problem. I may have an answer for you as to how you popped out that spring. Last time out at the range my 92FS would not work. I had no idea what the problem was and luckily there was a smith working. I pulled the same part out of my Beretta as you did your Ruger.

I stood there thinking how the heck it could of happened. Then it dawned on me. When I clean my pistols I usually pull a rag through the bottom of the grip assembly and out the top. The rag certainly pulled my spring loose and is now somewhere in the thick carpet downstairs.

Does that give you a hint as to how it may have happened to you?

Pierow

Donaldjr1969

Blackhawk
Pierow said:
Hi Donald,

Glad you solved the problem. I may have an answer for you as to how you popped out that spring. Last time out at the range my 92FS would not work. I had no idea what the problem was and luckily there was a smith working. I pulled the same part out of my Beretta as you did your Ruger.

I stood there thinking how the heck it could of happened. Then it dawned on me. When I clean my pistols I usually pull a rag through the bottom of the grip assembly and out the top. The rag certainly pulled my spring loose and is now somewhere in the thick carpet downstairs.

Does that give you a hint as to how it may have happened to you?

Pierow
That sounds very possible. I clean the magazine well of my P90 in much the similar manner. I may have pulled it partially loose prior to the other day and then it just rode on top of where it should be. Hence, the slightest pressure dislodged the spring.

Latest posts