Open 32 cylinder throats

Help Support Ruger Forum:

WARD

Single-Sixer
CAS - Would you care to share your opinion on .314 cylinder throats? Have you gotten much feedback from customers?

I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks
Ward

cas6969

Buckeye
I really can't add much.

I went with .314 because that was the size in the SAAMI book.

My own .32's were opened to.314 (actually I've since sold one) They shot better at .314 than they did at .310

JamesLoren

Bearcat
I recently purchased a 32 cal single six, the throats are all 310, I would like to have the cylinder throats opened up to 313. If anyone has found someone who does 313 ,Please post the information, It sounds like more then few people would be interested in this size!

FrontSite

Single-Sixer
I've had CAS open all my 32's up to .314 and they all shoot better.
The main thing I shoot is .313 lead with a few of the Horn .312 and
I get no leading at all. Before reaming.. the cly's leaded up a bunch but
thats no suprise with throats less than bullet size ..

FrontSite

JamesLoren

Bearcat
I have a couple questions i hope some one can help with, first, how does 312. jacketed bullets work with 314, throats? and second, what do you all do with the bare metal after reaming ? do you have your cylinder reblued? do the throats eventually turn black from use? I would like to hear your experiances with these matters! thanks.

cas6969

Buckeye
I cold blue them to help prevent rust in transit etc. There's no reason to otherwise. I never did my own guns, just shoot them.

FrontSite

Single-Sixer
I have an SP that I only shoot the .312 jacketed in but I never had it
reamed. I do shoot the Hornaday .312 lead in my other 32's that have
been reamed out and have no problems. The Hornaday .312 is soft lead bullet compared to the others I shoot... Penn's & Lasercast.

FrontSite

45Colt_Man

Blackhawk
I was lucky that the last place I worked in aviation, had a full machine shop and an FFL.
Didn't have to pay any transfer fees on my online purchases. They had all kinds of reamers in the machine shop. For the .32 I used a 5/16 reamer and it is just right for the .312 hard cast bullets I order. Most accurate gun I have is my SMM9.

Dana

BenT

Bearcat
I got my cylinder back from CAS and it seems to shoot just fine. I need to shoot my buddy's loads to test if it has improved accuracy or not. But my real problem was lead build up in the cylinders.

cas6969

Buckeye
We need to let this thread die. I hate doing the .32's for a number of reasons. :lol:

Latest posts