Odd trigger and hammer springs?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RugerForMe

Single-Sixer
What do you do with all the odd trigger and hammer springs?

Some I can identify some I can't. They are an assortment of Blackhawk, Redhawk, Single Six, 1022 and SP101 factory and aftermarket springs.

contender

Ruger Guru
A spring tension tester can be a handy tool for figuring out the weights of springs. Many gunsmiths who do custom work have one.

Another trick to segregate them, is to measure the diameter, & count coils. THEN test for weight.

small parts cabinet and put "springs" in ONE drawer, hammers, in another , pins in another and so on.....worry later on and when you have a broken one, you can compare, that way makes no difference what they're called or a number, just gotta "look the same as"...........:cool::rolleyes:;)

I got over 50 years worth around here in numerous drawers and cabinets...:unsure:

NikA

Buckeye
I keep extras in labeled packages, and any that happen to escape that fate end up in a large jar of springs that is interrogated when an application for which I don't possess a labeled package comes up. I've used old gun springs to repair detents and the like on various tools/fixtures.