Not a Ruger...Browning 1911 .380

Help Support Ruger Forum:

6gun

Hunter
Joined
Oct 10, 2012
Messages
2,580
No but 9MM would be better since it costs less than .380 now days and is a more powerful round.
 

s4s4u

Buckeye
Joined
Dec 16, 2006
Messages
1,891
Location
MN, USA
They featured it on the Gallery of Guns TV show the other night. Looks like a nice gun, but I agree that a 9 would be better. They sure are pandering to the recoil shy folks out there. I find it amazing how they "justify" smaller and smaller by claiming bullet design is soooo much better these days. You can still only push it so fast with that small case. Better than a rock I guess.
 

6gun

Hunter
Joined
Oct 10, 2012
Messages
2,580
Jim Luke said:
6gun said:
No but 9MM would be better since it costs less than .380 now days and is a more powerful round.

I agree.

I just saw this gun...didn't know they were making it.


Is it a small compact gun or full size?
 

6gun

Hunter
Joined
Oct 10, 2012
Messages
2,580
My son has a Sig P938 that looks like scaled down a pocket sized 1911 in 9MM, he says everyone that shoots it falls in love with the thing and wants to buy it from him.

He spent weeks finding this gun when he first purchased it, he said all the LGS in town had it in 380 and he refused to buy one that wasn't a 9MM.

Of course he never let's the old man shoot his gun I think he fears he may never get it back. :lol:
 
Joined
Apr 5, 2004
Messages
2,791
Location
Granbury, TX. USA
6gun said:
My son has a Sig P938 that looks like scaled down a pocket sized 1911 in 9MM, he says everyone that shoots it falls in love with the thing and wants to buy it from him.

He spent weeks finding this gun when he first purchased it, he said all the LGS in town had it in 380 and he refused to buy one that wasn't a 9MM.

Of course he never let's the old man shoot his gun I think he fears he may never get it back. :lol:

I love my Sig P938s.

Everyone that shoots them falls in love with them.

IMAG0280_zps7uwnpuhh.jpg
 

revhigh

Hawkeye
Joined
Aug 31, 2005
Messages
5,590
Location
PA
Nothin' beats a Sig.

How about a close up right side up of the one with the stainless slide.

That is one good looking gun.

REV
 

revhigh

Hawkeye
Joined
Aug 31, 2005
Messages
5,590
Location
PA
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
Jim Luke, you should shoot a Sig P210 sometime...


It's impossible to enlighten the unenlightenable ... Dont bother trying. :D


REV
 

Jim Puke

Hunter
Joined
Jul 9, 2013
Messages
3,088
Location
South Georgia
revhigh said:
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
Jim Luke, you should shoot a Sig P210 sometime...


It's impossible to enlighten the unenlightenable ... Dont bother trying. :D


REV

We don't all drink the kool-aid...like rev does.

I have shot several models of sigs...don't care for the ergo's...and they remind me of a Hi-Point.
 

revhigh

Hawkeye
Joined
Aug 31, 2005
Messages
5,590
Location
PA
Jim Luke said:
revhigh said:
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
Jim Luke, you should shoot a Sig P210 sometime...


It's impossible to enlighten the unenlightenable ... Dont bother trying. :D


REV

I have shot several models of sigs...don't care for the ergo's...and they remind me of a Hi-Point.

Now there's a statement you hear often from knowledgeable gun enthusiasts .... :roll:


REV
 

Jim Puke

Hunter
Joined
Jul 9, 2013
Messages
3,088
Location
South Georgia
Since you love'em so much...GA Cracker, forum member...works in a gun shop down the road and says that they have sigs in the case, that were there 3yrs ago, when he started there.

Why don't you come down and help them out with some of their "NEW" old stock...cause I imagine they are tired of looking at them.

People love'em SO much...they just won't buy'em so much...kind of like the Prius. :mrgreen:

Must be that Hi-Point thing that they having going on... :lol:
 

Ruger45

Blackhawk
Joined
Mar 28, 2014
Messages
778
Location
Central NH
Jim Luke said:
People love'em SO much...they just won't buy'em so much...kind of like the Prius. :mrgreen:

Must be that Hi-Point thing that they having going on... :lol:
No just like the Prius they are way overpriced. That being said I have bought enough Sig's to fill a shelf :D
 
Top