Not a Ruger...Browning 1911 .380

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ruger45

Blackhawk
Now that we have gone way off target Jim got a pic of the Browning you can post? I would like to see one.

DGW1949

Hunter
Ruger45 said:
Now that we have gone way off target Jim got a pic of the Browning you can post? I would like to see one.

I aint jim, but here's ya some photos and a write up:
http://www.gunblast.com/Browning-1911-380.htm

DGW

Ruger45

Blackhawk
Thanks DGW After looking that over I don't think I would be getting one, but I never count a gun out until I can hold it in my hand.

protoolman

Service-Sixer
The sig baby sized are interesting but Sig 1911s suck. The ergos and cosmetics are way off. Not too many 1911 purists would shoot one. The browning .380 appeals to me because the dimensions look correct. The sig .380s are too chopped to look classic.

TBear77

Single-Sixer
Another thing for thought. The Browning has a polymer gripframe. But, Llama has just come out with a similar, scaled down, 1911-380 with an alloy frame.

Ted

Jim Luke said:
revhigh said:
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
Jim Luke, you should shoot a Sig P210 sometime...

It's impossible to enlighten the unenlightenable ... Dont bother trying. :D

REV

We don't all drink the kool-aid...like rev does.

I have shot several models of sigs...don't care for the ergo's...and they remind me of a Hi-Point.

I own a lot of Sigs, and shot hi-points too. They feel nothing alike. I call BS.

You're accountable to any new shooters who are mislead by this misguided statement.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Don't worry DA.... Even the newest newbie knows a completely ridiculous statement when they hear it ....no danger in anybody being misled by such a ludicrous claim.

All a comment like that does is reveal the total lack of credibility of the author. :D

REV

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Wow, the thread is about Browning's 380 not the Sig (again)! Did anyone who posted understand the OP?

Browning's gun has a plastic lower frame, and an alloy slide. It is comparable IMO to the Colt 1903 in size and flatness and handiness. With better sights and a better grip safety (who actually needed that anyway?) to prevent hammer bite for my hands, the 22 would ride in my pockets everywhere.
I have no utility for a small 380... some around here like them though. IMHO there are much better options out there for a belly gun, and for much less money!

Real-buyer price is between $400 and 550 for the 22, as-seen first-hand in my travels. The 380 retails for a huge "I-don't-care", and is overpriced at that.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
tol·er·ate
ˈtäləˌrāt/
verb
verb: tolerate; 3rd person present: tolerates; past tense: tolerated; past participle: tolerated; gerund or present participle: tolerating

allow the existence, occurrence, or practice of (something that one does not necessarily like or agree with) without interference.
"a regime unwilling to tolerate dissent"
synonyms: allow, permit, condone, accept, swallow, countenance; More
formalbrook;
archaicsuffer
"a regime unwilling to tolerate dissent"
accept or endure (someone or something unpleasant or disliked) with forbearance.
"how was it that she could tolerate such noise?"
synonyms: endure, put up with, bear, take, stand, support, stomach, deal with; abide
"he couldn't tolerate her mood swings any longer"
be capable of continued subjection to (a drug, toxin, or environmental condition) without adverse reaction.
"lichens grow in conditions that no other plants tolerate"

modrifle3

Buckeye
Saying a Sig reminds you of a hi point proves one of two things. 1. You never a Sig or 2. You never shot a hi point.

They are very high quality and expensive, but you get what you pay for. I own one, shot many .... Hard to beat in quality but ergos vary. They are superior in overall quality to most.

The Sig 1911 was never meant to be a true 1911 but a Sig modernization of the platform .... Saying they suck is a stretch.

modrifle3

Buckeye
led said:
I have one. It's neat. Something like 85% the size of a standard 1911.

Later,
Stephen

I checked one out over the weekend, but couldn't shoot it . . . pretty cool looking and I bet will be a hit in foreign markets with military caliber restrictions.