No shoot no more.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ron L

Bearcat
Bought a LCP2 22 Lite Rack 10 days ago. Fired 1 mag on that day. Took it home and cleaned it. Today went to the range loaded up and pulled the trigger. Click. Tried again, click. Several more tries and again click. Changed mags. Same result. Tried different ammo. Click.

Called Ruger and the CSR was very nice. Suggested take it to the FFL and they would ship it to Ruger. More to follow.

I suspect a bad firing pin. Read this is a common issue. Why doesn't Ruger fix it during manufacturing??

I don't own a LCP .22 but I have two of the original LCP in .380. One has been flawless with over 600 rds. The other had to go immediately back to Ruger. They replaced the entire upper and it seems to be working fine but needs more rounds through it to be sure. I think the LCP, LCP II, LCP Max are "hit or miss" as to reliabiblity from the factory. These are very small pistols at an inexpensive price for what you get. My experience with Ruger with the LCPs and other guns is they will make it "right" quickly. I never worry about buying a used Ruger. Can't say that about other brands.

Ron L

Bearcat
The problem is that I can't ship it so I have to take it to the selling dealer (40 mile round trip) and hope they don't screw up the shipping.

Ron L

Bearcat
Took it to my FFL and they shipped it under warranty. Got it back in 9 days including ship time. They replaced the slide stop spring, hammer and the slide. Fired 100 rounds. Perfect with Agauila, perfect with Yellow Jacket, and perfect with some old Federal cheepy ammo. Tried some very old Winchester and 90% fail to fire. Good strike marks. Bad ammo. Fun gun to shoot and I am happy with both Impact Guns and Ruger.

ChiefTJS

Blackhawk
Glad it worked out for you. I really like mine, I was about ready to get rid of it for a while as if it doesn't like a particular brand it really doesn't like it. I stick with what it likes and it's a great little gun.

Ron L

Bearcat
Carried it today for the first time using my Alien Stealth pocket holster. So small and light I forgot it was there. Big difference between it and my beloved Kimber Micro 9.

Buck7144

Bearcat
The problem is that I can't ship it so I have to take it to the selling dealer (40 mile round trip) and hope they don't screw up the shipping.

You can ship it yourself but it would be better through the dealer. Ruger is really good about quick service these days. Sent a All weather red label to them, they went completely through it, replaced a few parts due to wear, cleaned it and it was back to me in under 10 days. Pretty good for a 2002 shotgun that parts have not been made for in 12 years!