Ruger Wrangler more accurate than Super Wrangler with 22LR ??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Actnbill

Single-Sixer
Seeing the Ruger Wrangler is 22LR only and the new Super Wrangler is 22LR or 22 Magnum .......

I am assuming the bore is Thousandth ( or a fraction thereof ) larger on the Super Wrangler.....

( Big assumption here )

People have commented that their Single Sixes & Super Wranglers are more accurate with 22 Mags.....

That said.... wouldn't that make the standard Wrangler a tighter bore and potentially more accurate with plain old 22lr ???

( assuming again sights and whatnot were equal )

Yes Yes..... I know what happens when we assume.....

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
Ruger has been using the same .224 barrel stock on all their 22 caliber single action revolvers since the 22 Magnum version was introduced in the late 50's. And, began doing so for both economic and safety reasons...That's .002 larger than is optimal for 22 LR.

And because of this, I often used to use the Paco Acuriz'r tool to slightly increase the bullet diameter of LR ammo. It worked, but in more recent years when I'm runing out of ambition, the benefit is no longer worth my effort. So I just happily plink away and don't worry. :cool: If I must drive tacks, I use a MkII or even...gasp... my Taurus TX22.

Last edited: