No more SR1911's for 2012?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SAM2

Bearcat
Chef With A Gun said:
I had a LGD tell me that Ruger is not going to make any SR1911 pistols for the rest of 2012. Just wanted to see if anyone heard about this?

Oh, I hope not!
When I talked to my friend from Prescott last Saturday night, she had just finished a 14 hour shift and told me that they were producing as many as 110 of our "Little Darlin's" daily. She enjoys her work and the overtime. Wanted me to thank all of you and Mr. O next time I see Him.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Sounds good.......You will recall that original production was approximately 60 per day; Mike Fifer noted that production was to be doubled and staffing accordingly, increased. Sounds like a win-win situation to me......... 8) :D NOTE; THEY WILL STILL BE SHIPPING MANUFACTURED GOODS.....THE PLANTS ARE NOT CLOSING..... 8)

Chef With A Gun

Bearcat
Well I caught this on Fox last week. Ruger has stopped taking orders in the first quarter. They have a 1 million guns on order.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2012/03/22/sturm-ruger-soars-on-brisk-demand-for-new-guns/

jimjc

Single-Sixer
I was told that Micky Mouse bought Comcast and TV will be all cartoons soon....My reply was good that means Yosemite Sam will be back with his revolvers smokin...thats probably better than watching reruns 95% of the time anyway..

The BS coming out of gun shops never ceases to amaze me...these salespeople want you to believe they have a IN..in the gun business...

Gun Manufacturing has been for years now in a very enviable position....they can`t keep up with demand and they`re making more money than they ever imagined...I`m betting Ruger will be coming out with another couple 1911 models to add to the pot..of coarse they will be the more expensive ones...

I`ll have to close for now... the Roadrunner should be coming on... :D

lfpiii

Blackhawk
Ruger has started taking orders again but probably not for long as they cannot keep up with demand. I for one am glad that they are not droping quality for quantity.

marsh919

Bearcat
kybandit said:
Got mine yesterday after a 14 month wait. Worth it, though.
Kinda of good news for me. I could save up 635.00 by then and not feel the pinch!!

RenoH414

Single-Sixer
I walked into my LGS Sunday and he had one sitting in the case. I asked him about it and he said it was 1 of 9 he had just received. He said he had 8 on back order from 1 supplier and 1 on back order from another. Apparently, his normal sales person was on vacation and through some sort of fortunate mix up they shipped all 8 of his back orders instead of spreading them out among several dealers. He also received the 1 he had on b/o from the other supplier. Lucky for me this was the last one he had and that was due to a couple people on the wait list not having the funds at the moment to buy it. Needless to say I did not pass on the opportunity to own one. I picked it up last night after he was able to get it transferred across state lines for me. My initial impression is that it is a solid well built gun that I can not wait to take out for some fun.

Reno