No more SR1911's for 2012?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chef With A Gun

Bearcat
I had a LGD tell me that Ruger is not going to make any SR1911 pistols for the rest of 2012. Just wanted to see if anyone heard about this?

robfrommaine

Bearcat
No offense intended to original poster. I have heard no such info. Whoever this dealer is should go into business with the salesman who gave a customer the barrel defect lie. They could sit around all day trading rumors and selling Kool Aid to their customers. :lol:

luvmyruger

Blackhawk
That dealer was probalby just too lazy to try to find one for his customer. I have dealt with some like this. If they have too much inventory in their small store, they discourage the locals from ordering new items. Ruger doesnt even know what exactly they will be making 3 months from now. They may have plans, but those will change with demand.

Sugar River

Buckeye
Chef With A Gun said:
I had a LGD tell me that Ruger is not going to make any SR1911 pistols for the rest of 2012. Just wanted to see if anyone heard about this?

Yeah, I heard the same thing from a very reliable source.

Really, he's the guy who sold me that bridge in Brooklyn............

Pete :roll:

CampWI

Bearcat
Cw/AG posted this on at least 3 different forums. To what end I don't know other than to stir the pot.

Tabs

Bearcat
I've been looking for one, like many others, for some time now. I can tell you that on a whim I visited the Gander Mountain website on Monday night and to my surprise the SR1911 was listed on their site as "in stock". I called and ordered it and will have it in hand Monday!

I went to the store yesterday and the guy behind the counter told me that they had one in the store last week for the first time and before it made it into the display case, a customer standing at the counter saw it coming out from the stock room and bought it on the spot.

I feel very fortunate to have found one. I was starting to lose faith!

robfrommaine

Bearcat
Tabs said:
I've been looking for one, like many others, for some time now. I can tell you that on a whim I visited the Gander Mountain website on Monday night and to my surprise the SR1911 was listed on their site as "in stock". I called and ordered it and will have it in hand Monday!

I went to the store yesterday and the guy behind the counter told me that they had one in the store last week for the first time and before it made it into the display case, a customer standing at the counter saw it coming out from the stock room and bought it on the spot.

I feel very fortunate to have found one. I was starting to lose faith!

Seems to be how many of them are acquired. I got mine because another guy changed his mind and cancelled his order before it had shipped. The dealer had my info. from an e-mail and knew I was interested...

Chef With A Gun

Bearcat
luvmyruger said:
That dealer was probalby just too lazy to try to find one for his customer. I have dealt with some like this. If they have too much inventory in their small store, they discourage the locals from ordering new items. Ruger doesnt even know what exactly they will be making 3 months from now. They may have plans, but those will change with demand.

Just wanted to get this out there! I have had one since last Sept. The comment came out after I told them I had one and saw that they had them in stock. Hope its not true! I can see the morons saying stuff like that too. I had one guy tell me that my 1938 P-08 (# match) was loosing value!

The Wall

Single-Sixer
freakindawgen said:
I heard Ruger bought Glock and will start making Smith & Wessons.......... :p :twisted: :roll:

You gotta be kidding! I'm going to write Ruger CEO and complain. No wonder I can't find a Beretta 92.

Meeko

Single-Sixer
Chef With A Gun said:

Some gun dealers are like car dealers in that they disregard what YOU tell them YOU want and come up with stuff (stories) to get you to buy what THEY have in stock or on THEIR lot!!! JMHO

jdc

Bearcat
Bought mine yesterday.
My local gun store must not have known they shouldn't have had it on the shelf. :wink:

spencer60

Bearcat
Actually, this sounds like a distortion of Rugers' announcement this week that they were temporarily suspending ordering until they had caught up with production.

Latest posts