NM Single Six, Stainless price check

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Aqualung

Blackhawk
Local listing has a 6.5" Stainless Single Six, both cylinders, box and a few boxes of .22 mag ammo.

What's a guess at an East Coast price of what it's worth?

Don't have a need for it, as I don't hunt small game anymore, but I always wanted one...this one seems reasonable at $475.00 + xfer (probably $35). Very tempting...

The one photo provided shows it to be in VG to Excellent condition, but I admittedly haven't seen it.

Thanks in advance,

Aqualung

Ruger45

Blackhawk
MSRP on a new one is $699 most likely can be bought for $599 So $475 IMO is the top end price for a new model. But than add a few boxes of 22 mag ammo and you're closer to an acceptable price.

Aqualung

Blackhawk
Met with the seller and liked what I saw. Bought it tonight and am very happy.

1990 vintage with both cylinders, the original box, paperwork and the shipping box, too.

With 230 rounds of .22 WRM, it was $475 +$40 transfer.

As a bonus, the shop where we did the transfer had stripped AR15 lowers, and I picked up one to finish my .300 Blackout build. The shop offset the transfer cost for that, so I got 2 for 1.

Pics added:

Aqualung

Aqualung

Blackhawk
The new purchase of my first Single Six (and first stainless single-action) brings up two questions for me.

1. Is the cylinder base pin supposed to come all the way out? The pins on my Blackhawks and Super are captured. The one on this Single Six comes all the way out.

2. Are the front and rear sights supposed to be blued?

Thanks.

Aqualung

trapperon

Blackhawk
aqualung

Yes--base pin comes all the way out--this is due to the cylinder frame being smaller than that on your blackhawk, so the base pin is shorter as well.
the sights on the stainless adjustable sight single sixes have always been blued--so yours are correct. this is a good thing, as on stainless vaqueros with stainless sights they are very hard to see, especially in sunny conditions because they are too bright to pick up a sharp sight picture.

Great single six you picked up!

Ron

Aqualung

Blackhawk
Thanks all for the replies to my questions and for the best wishes supporting my purchase.

Now, I just need to get some range time...

Aqualung

41 Magnum

Single-Sixer
Very nice buy ! You're gonna love it ! Even tho the Mag's. are a little expensive, they are super accurate & a lot of fun to shoot. I carry mine (a 5½" Stainless) in Groundhog season here in Pa. with the Mag. cylinder installed, & it does a nice job if I do my part right !! Plus I can have a lot of plinking fun with the .22LR a lot cheaper than a center fire revolver !!! Mine was $489.00 + 6% Tax & background, OTD new. Wouldn't trade mine for nothing !! Congrats.

Jim

Aqualung, I think you did well. You got about $100 worth of ammo, so you came out very good on the gun. Love my Single Six, will be one of the last I get rid off. Good job. I prefer 5-1/2" but nothing wrong with the 6.5" Enjoy.