Nice pic of my Super Redhawk and Sp101...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

smokehouse

Bearcat
Enjoy...

Ruger_3.jpg

smokehouse

Bearcat
stevek44":20fyc9nt said:
Nice pic indeed of a fine looking combo. May I ask what kind of camera you used? I really like the way your photo turned out.

SteveK44.. :D

Funny enough and older Cannon S2 IS 5mp camera...

smokehouse

Bearcat
308longdistance":2lbq6snw said:
How do you keep the front of those cylinders so clean?

Nice set.

I use this stuff called "Wipe Away" from a company called Belltown, LTD. It comes in cloth form and is bright yellow...not overly safe for blued firearms but 100% for the stainless Ruger. NOTHING works better for taking lead off the finish of a firearm (believe me, I've tried other stuff).

I normally cut off a small 1"x2" piece of the cloth and it simply wipes the surface clean...extremely easy.

Here's the only thing I could find on the company online:

http://www.alpharubicon.com/prods/wipeaway2.htm

I strongly recommend picking some up...

10MMGary

Single-Sixer
Very nice guns and great photos Smokehouse, I really like the perspective you took the photos from.

308longdistance wrote:
How do you keep the front of those cylinders so clean?

FWIW I use a product sold under the Birchwood Casey brand name simply called Lead Remover & Polishing Cloth, it is also yellow and comes in a plastic bag like a silicone gun cloth but is much stiffer. Be sure to keep lead romover cloth in its inter lining and the outter bag sealed tight for storage. As the brand I use will dry out and become useless real quick if you don't.

P.S. WARNING!!!! as Smokehouse stated used with caution(if at all)on blued steel, it will remove bluing.

maxpress

Buckeye
another stainless only is called "that purple stuff" sold at autoparts stores. do not get it on anything but the stainless. in fact its a good idea to take your cylinder off. it will turn wood or rubber grips white. it also strips the paint right off an engine. and pits aluminum fuel injector systems.

stmry

Single-Sixer
Those are the worse photos of any gun(s) i have viewed on any forum................................................................................................................................but that is just because i am JEALOUS. Thanks for sharing. i love the bullets.

ranger1

Buckeye
I also use Birchwood Casey on my stainless steel revolvers with good results. Someone on a different post claims that repeated use of such products, which contain abrasives, will eventually wear away the steel on the cylinder making a bigger gap between the cylinder and the forcing cone. I have no idea, just thought I'd pass it along.

10MMGary

Single-Sixer
mattsbox99":95qx4r8m said:
Maybe after a million years... its not that abrasive and you aren't scrubbing them that often...

Nice photo!

Kinda what I figured as I have been using it for 10 years or so on a S&W 610 Classic and no enlarged gap on mine . BTW I also us it to clean the barrel and the individual chambers and have noticed no issues at all. I chuck in a slot head jag on my cordless screw driver and put a piece of lead remover cloth in the slot. Dirt lead and carbon ring gone in a flash.

Latest posts