new wrangler fit question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
I just bought a new wrangler from Rural King on November 2nd, finally found one. I had to get the display model but was told they got them in on the 1st and they hadn't been handled much. I called Ruger and found that it was made in October so it was as new as It could be I guess. My question is on the fit of the grip frame next to the hammer. the area whare there is a screw on each side of the hammer connecting the grip frame. well if you point the gun away from you and you run your fingers from the trigger guard on up, on the left side everything seems flush with the cylinder frame. on the right side everything is flush till you get up next to where the hammer is and the grip frame is just slightly out farther than the cylinder frame. its not much but I can feel it, if i look at it it is hard to tell but can see its not flush smooth. I know its just a $200 gun which it was $201.50 out the door. and the area is too slight for me to not want it but i was just wondering if anyone elses has slight fit issues? the finish on the other hand is excellent and the ceracoat is complete with not one single flake.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Like the alum alloy grip frames on most Ruger SAs, the Zinc alloy grip frame is used as cast. It is not final polished attached to the cyl frame as are the steel grip frames. A labor saving step, therefore not always flush with the frame.

57springer

Buckeye
I just looked at my wrangler , mine has the same "defect" but just reversed to the other side . I am guessing all have this fit to a degree ?

57springer said:
I just looked at my wrangler , mine has the same "defect" but just reversed to the other side . I am guessing all have this fit to a degree ?

Mine, too....the design appears to incorporate a slight rounding or bevel to minimize it or make it appear designed that way...too slight of a difference on a $169.00 revolver to complain about

YMMV

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
The fit on everything on my bronze Wrangler is as good as any of my Single Sixes. At 15 yards I have found it to shoot as well as my Single Six with same barrel length, I tried 6 rounds of 21 different types and brands of ammo that I had on hand in both guns and the Wrangler shot tighter groups and closer to POA than the Single Six with all of them except 3, and it seemed to like Mini Mags and Federal 36 gr. HP the best. Stingers were about in the middle of the list with both of them.