NEW SR9c incredible......

Help Support Ruger Forum:

trevi007

Bearcat
Hi, I bought a new sr9c like 4 weeks ago and didn't had a chance to go to the range until yesterday....this gun is ammazing ,feels good in my hands, conceal nice and shoot even better. I fired 200 rnd and not even a single problem, Im in love with my sr9c and my kp345, ruger in my opinion is one of the best guns out there......I HATE TO SEE PEOPLE TALKING BAD ABOUT THE SR9C SPECIALLY THE ONES THAT DO NOT OWN THE GUN, SAME HAPPENED WHEN THE KP345 FIRST CAME OUT, I HAVE BOTH AND NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEM

Blizzard

Bearcat
Ditto on the SR9C. I love the look and feel of this pistol. It shoots like a little demon. No complaints here - about 400 rounds fired so far

A

Anonymous

Gotta get me one of thoes but really haveing a hard time finding in my area! Everytime I see an advertisement for one... They have already been statched up!

Was lucky to find the LCP however.

trevi007

Bearcat
blume even the trigger feels nice in my sr9c, I gess Im a lucky one...... all I did was some cleaning and a little polishing with my dremmel everywhere metal touch metal and thats it..

Ruger Nut10

Single-Sixer
I love my little SR9C also. It had to go back to Ruger but am glad it is back. Like Blume said it is almost the same size as the Sig 230 but eats 9mm and the recoil is nothing. seem the ctr line of bore to hand is great so it shoots well. the P series seemed too high and recoil in the 9mm made the gun rock more. Glad I stumbled across this one at Cabelas when I was looking at Compact 1911's. I did buy a 1911 later but the SR9C went home with me that day.

Plus... you can buy a SR9c and lots of ammo for the price of the Sig 232 with no ammo. If you can find .380.

I do own a Sig 230 Stainless and love the gun too but the Ruiger will be what I carry 75% of the time.

recoilguy

Bearcat
Glad you like the SR9c it seems like a nice gun. I do not have one but have held one as I contimplate my next weapon. I do own 2 SR9's. one with 2000plus rounds through it and the second is quickly aproaching the same. I am using the second one in USPSA competition now. I did put a ghost trigger in it and it made all the difference in the world to me. I am a big fan of the SR9's. I will however probably not own the SR9c. No hit on the gun I just want some variety.

Congrats on the new weapon, have fun!!!

RCG

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
trevi007":3o67r1qt said:
blume even the trigger feels nice in my sr9c, I gess Im a lucky one...... all I did was some cleaning and a little polishing with my dremmel everywhere metal touch metal and thats it..

Trigger (and everthing else) was great on mine OTB :D
All i've done is shoot it ( when the wife lets go of it long 'nuff :roll: )

Sure wish the trigger was as good on my SR9 8)

Al James

Hunter
recoilguy":1c9d3fra said:
Glad you like the SR9c it seems like a nice gun. I do not have one but have held one as I contimplate my next weapon. I do own 2 SR9's. one with 2000plus rounds through it and the second is quickly aproaching the same. I am using the second one in USPSA competition now. I did put a ghost trigger in it and it made all the difference in the world to me. I am a big fan of the SR9's. I will however probably not own the SR9c. No hit on the gun I just want some variety.

Congrats on the new weapon, have fun!!!

RCG

Sell one of your 2 fullsize SR9's and buy a SR9c and Walah....Variety! :wink:

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
I love mine! I don't know if mine is a freak or something, but, the trigger is scary light! I would guess 3.5- 4 lbs.

SR9-compact.jpg

pb

"fk"

Bearcat
I don't think it has a funky trigger mine shoots really well. Recoil is mild, gun is accurate, feeds well no jams yet after 200rds. Did have one primer failure but I beat the devil out of it and it wouldn't fire. I then put it in my Camp 9 with the monster hammer and it still didn't fire. So it wasn't the pistols problem. I believe if someone goes out and tries the SR9c they will buy it. Ruger has a real winner.

gkm

Bearcat
buckshotshorty":24z4sxmj said:
I love mine! I don't know if mine is a freak or something, but, the trigger is scary light! I would guess 3.5- 4 lbs.

SR9-compact.jpg

pb

Same here...I love mine and I agree w/ the trigger, it's very light.

Ruger SR9C

Bearcat
Have to agree with everybody, have had my SR9C for a a little while and just love the hell out of it, about 600 rounds down range and not one hickup. performed well above my exspectation, nice grouping and very accurate with little recoil. It has one he spot to be in my holster for CC and HD to keep the riff raff at bay. :twisted:

rman

Bearcat
I'd like to find one - no one seems to have any around here. I have had an SR9 for a long time and it's been a great gun. My only knock on it is that the grip is a bit bulky for me to carry concealed.

proscene

Bearcat
rman":2gz3576v said:
I'd like to find one - no one seems to have any around here. I have had an SR9 for a long time and it's been a great gun. My only knock on it is that the grip is a bit bulky for me to carry concealed.

I see allot of them at Bass Pro in the mall.

I LUV mine also

CanonLyles

Single-Sixer
I'm still holding for OD green to match my fullsize. :( I would like to handle and shoot one just to try it out for now.

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
I like mine a lot also. Had a few things to iron out, and Ruger did that for me. Three week round trip. Gun shoots accurately, ~250 rounds with no burps of any kind. Size is nice for CCW. My trigger is not so good; long and raspy. Very close in size to my Glock 26. Pretty soon will do comparison with CZ P-01, which is also very popular right now. The Ruger is an excellent buy for the money.
sonnytoo

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
Its one of my 3 absolute keepers, not for sale, not trading material, will not lone out, no need to ask - might let you hold it & mite even let you shoot it (if i know you REAL well) :lol:

ee.jpg

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
Sonnytoo":39se2tgp said:
I like mine a lot also. Had a few things to iron out, and Ruger did that for me. Three week round trip. Gun shoots accurately, ~250 rounds with no burps of any kind. Size is nice for CCW. My trigger is not so good; long and raspy. Very close in size to my Glock 26. Pretty soon will do comparison with CZ P-01, which is also very popular right now. The Ruger is an excellent buy for the money.
sonnytoo

Although smaller than an SR9, the CZ P-01 is larger than the SR9C or a Glock 26 but it is my favorite compact pistol. Those others are closer to sub-compacts. The RAMI is the sub-compact CZ and it is slightly smaller than both of those. It is hard to judge these things as some has more to do with feel.

Nakagawa

Single-Sixer
Hey SR9C owners, what types of setups and holsters are you using to conceal carry this pistol? I hear a lot of about kholsters and kytec plastics being good to use? But what are all of you strapping on?