NEW SR9c incredible......

Help Support Ruger Forum:

kscott

Single-Sixer
Nakagawa":1iq7j6lh said:
Hey SR9C owners, what types of setups and holsters are you using to conceal carry this pistol? I hear a lot of about kholsters and kytec plastics being good to use? But what are all of you strapping on?

First of all, welcome to the forum. I carry my SR9c in my Crossbreed Supertuck for my SR9. Very quality holster. Look em up and I bet you find a lot of good reviews. Very comfortable to wear also.

ruger_fan

Bearcat
Great pic Texasgunner. Shows the 'brickiness' of the XD (IMO) compared to the SR9 and SR9c. Glad I did the SR9c :wink:

I bought (waiting for actually) a rgrizzleleather.com Town & Country IWB in black for my SR9c.

Nakagawa

Single-Sixer
Hey thanks for the welcome note and the help on the holster, planning my first purchase of the SR9C and this is information is greatly appreciated. will be looking into the two holsters mentioned above.

Has anyone heard of the Minotaur MTAC IWB holster? I hear they are slightly more high quality than the crossbreed super tuck.

Also, forgive me as I don't have much education in IWB holsters, but can they be worn at the 8 O'clock position or are they strictly 9 and 3 position holsters. I am a left handed shooter, and I am thinking of placing the pistol at the 8 O clock position just to the left side of my rear.

whiskers

Bearcat
Kholster works for me. My SR9c has a very good trigger and it seems to be getting better after only 250 rounds down range (no hiccups at all). It is surprisingly accurate (I regularly shoot a 1911, 3 screw in .357, and a Mark II). Since I intend for it to be my primary carry, I don't think I'll alter the trigger bar, at least for a while. My only problem now is that it is my only 9mm... and my brain says I need at least two of every caliber I reload for! :lol:

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
ruger_fan":1a6ognss said:
Great pic Texasgunner. Shows the 'brickiness' of the XD (IMO) compared to the SR9 and SR9c. Glad I did the SR9c :wink:

I bought (waiting for actually) a rgrizzleleather.com Town & Country IWB in black for my SR9c.

Thanx, If Ruger made a SR45 the Springer wud not be in the family pic :lol:

sprale

Bearcat
Texasgunner":322oohyc said:
ruger_fan":322oohyc said:

Not a fan of the P345? Too bulky? Actually, that might attract my attention as well...

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
sprale":231wymbu said:
Texasgunner":231wymbu said:
ruger_fan":231wymbu said:

Not a fan of the P345? Too bulky? Actually, that might attract my attention as well...

Cant say a "fan" but still a nice looking gun 8)
I admit i have never gotton over the looks of the couple P89's i had :oops:
The SR9 brought me back to being attracted to Ruger simi autos :D
YES, looks do matter to me :shock:

kscott

Single-Sixer
Texasgunner,
I use to dislike the looks of most of the P series pistols too, but they have really, really grown on me, and I actually like the looks of them now. Note: I don't own one yet, but I might have P93 as early as later this week. BTW, looks matter to me too. I wouldn't purchase a firearm that I couldn't stand to look at.

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
kscott":1mvthev7 said:
Texasgunner,
I use to dislike the looks of most of the P series pistols too, but they have really, really grown on me, and I actually like the looks of them now. Note: I don't own one yet, but I might have P93 as early as later this week. BTW, looks matter to me too. I wouldn't purchase a firearm that I couldn't stand to look at.

Awwww, they are'nt THAT bad but just have no "eye" appeal to me :roll:
Course i once bought my wife a shiney nickeled Taurus PT92 with gold trim & pearl grips -- Prettiest thing you ever saw but neither of us could hit the ground with it :lol:

ruger_fan

Bearcat
kscott":2uetj1rm said:
Texasgunner, I use to dislike the looks of most of the P series pistols too, but they have really, really grown on me, and I actually like the looks of them now.

I've never really liked the P series 'looks', even though they fit me well in the hand. Then came the SR9 and then obviously the 'c', which I jumped on, as it's a great looking pistol, IMO.

It's quite possible to do the .40 and the .45 in the SR (and even 'c' frame). The Kimber Ultra Carry II is within a tenth of an inch (IIRC) in every dimension compared to the SR9c, for example.

Nakagawa

Single-Sixer
How do you guys feel with carrying the SR9c as a CCW when it comes to the 9mm caliber? Is it enough?

Ruger Nut10":ukxdvbwm said:
I do own a Sig 230 Stainless and love the gun too but the Ruiger will be what I carry 75% of the time.

Ruger Nut10,

Anyway you can post a picture of the SR9C and your Sig 230 side by side? If you can, just take a picture and email it to me I can post it, if you you haven't taken the 'internet picture posting challenge' yet.

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
ruger_fan":g0stwmhq said:
kscott":g0stwmhq said:
Texasgunner, I use to dislike the looks of most of the P series pistols too, but they have really, really grown on me, and I actually like the looks of them now.

I've never really liked the P series 'looks', even though they fit me well in the hand. Then came the SR9 and then obviously the 'c', which I jumped on, as it's a great looking pistol, IMO.

It's quite possible to do the .40 and the .45 in the SR (and even 'c' frame). The Kimber Ultra Carry II is within a tenth of an inch (IIRC) in every dimension compared to the SR9c, for example.

I have a feelin a 45acp SR will be coming along in the not to (i hope) distant future :)

trevi007

Bearcat
Nakagawa":23kkyptw said:
How do you guys feel with carrying the SR9c as a CCW when it comes to the 9mm caliber? Is it enough?
well, in my opinion the 9mm is not as good as the 45 but I tell you what 10+1 in my SR9c and 17 more on my extra mag I think is more than enough... :D

ruger_fan

Bearcat
Nakagawa":2cawyszo said:

I'm comfortable with it.

Studying for my CHL in TX, and reading several of Ayoob Massad's books. Short version, IMHO, is to be accurate. Been practicing Ayoob's 5 shots in 5 seconds at 5 yards in a 5 inch circle. If I can't do that, then caliber isn't really my issue that needs to be worked on.

Nakagawa

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the replies, I personally enjoy the median 40 cal, and would love to see that caliber implemented into the SR9c. However, I do enjoy the 9mm round for shooting purposes, utilizing it as a personal protection caliber has its ups and downs for me. But I highly agree that the capacity and the accuracy you get from shooting 9mm are the two high points of the caliber that draw it away from the fact that it is a smaller round. Also, finding ammo wouldn't be as hard.

I feel as though being able to place rounds on target quickly with precision is a must, which is quite doable with 9mm hand guns.

Ruger SR9C

Bearcat
I carry the Ruger SR9C for CCW and I think the 9MM in +P is fine for self defense, plus the ruger gives you 10 and 17 round mags that shoud be plenty :wink:

CBennett

Single-Sixer
Nakagawa":h5qml0oq said:

yup, I actually went from a Glock 23 .40S&W to a 9mm Ruger SR9c.. I can shoot the 9mm better because of the lesser recoil..I can get more bullets closer to center mass(or where ever im shooting) in less time and in a batter group than I could with a .40.

I kinda left the .40 out of the equation anymore to be honest ebcause of ammo prices. When I got the Glock 23 the .40 rounds(practice) were about $5 CHEAPER a box of 50 than .45 ACP but a bit more expensive than 9mm..about $3-4 more a box than 9mm was...now days .40S&W and .45 ACP are the EXACT SAME PRICE..so I see no reason to fool around with the .40S&W anymore..I dont save $$ anymore VS the .45 ACP and if I want to go from 9mm to something bigger...I will now just go right to .45 ACP .

Nakagawa

Single-Sixer
^Very interesting, but makes a lot of logical sense. Bullet prices are a killer, I can see why you are doing this, smart move.