New SR40

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tam 212

Single-Sixer
Hmm. There were rumors about this...

Well, I guess there is a market for that caliber. Everyone has a striker fired polymer offering in .40 S&W...

Personally, I would be more interested in a .45ACP chambering in the SR form factor. Even though .40 is still cheaper to shoot for the non-reloader.

wixedmords

Blackhawk
We know it's just a matter of time for the SR40 and SR45, it is just a matter of when.

I do wonder what Jimbo was talking about a few months back when he spoke of Ruger releasing something. The rumor around that was a Ruger 1911, which would be pretty cool. Not sure what came of that.

ncvikingfan

Single-Sixer
Sal1950 said:
chet15 said:
Looks like Ruger has a new .40 auto coming on the SR9 platform.
Chet15

And this bit of inside info came from where???
Sal

If I am not mistaken, Chet15 and Coffeepot should be considered inside info men that we have the privilege of reading info from on this forum. At the very least, they have contacts that are very dependable.

Best regards,

Sal1950

Blackhawk
ncvikingfan said:
Sal1950 said:
chet15 said:
Looks like Ruger has a new .40 auto coming on the SR9 platform.
Chet15

And this bit of inside info came from where???
Sal

If I am not mistaken, Chet15 and Coffeepot should be considered inside info men that we have the privilege of reading info from on this forum. At the very least, they have contacts that are very dependable.

Best regards,

Okie Dokie, As a newbie to this forum I'll accept that. Just got a little excited cause I'd truly love to have a SR9 platform gun in 40.
Cheers,
Sal

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Considering that the primary market-target is law enforcement contracts, I'd say either get the first one you see IRL; or chance waiting for the first production runs to go to large contracts.

The latter option may be beneficial as it allows time for any bugs to be worked out with the higher-pressure chambering.

Now, a new "SR40C" may be interesting...

Al James

Hunter
I'll buy one. IMO Ruger should introduce it to the general population before even thinking of contracts. I think they will sell well for Ruger. I agree that a 45 is also needed although I fear that would spell the end for either the P90 or the P345. Probably the P90 :(

Tam 212

Single-Sixer
Getting slightly off thread topic but...

Have many Ruger pistols been adopted by any large police department or government agency? Seems like Beretta, Glock, S&W and SIG have the market locked down pretty tight for the past 20 years...

GhosT

Blackhawk
Al James,
"I fear that would spell the end for either the P90 or the P345. Probably the P90 "

Hoping yer wrong on that one.
Never owned a P90.......
I went the P91 route,bought it right when they discontinued it...
One of my most trusted house guns!

But I followed the P90 from the day it came out.....
I still think one of RUGER's BEST DESIGNS EVER!

Tam 212,
Good question.....

FergusonTO35

Hunter
With the SR40 maybe Ruger can finally start getting some LE contracts. The .40 S&W is the current standard for LE in the states, the 9X19 becomes more of an also-ran every year. The 9X19 will always be popular, just like the .38 Special that it replaced. Nonetheless, a maker has to have a .40 caliber chambering if they want anyone in LE to take them seriously.

Pernal

Bearcat
I might be tempted also. I'm afraid it would be the demise of the beloved P-series. I have been keeping a keen eye out for good deals. I still haven't replaced some of my guns that have been discontinued.
I hope the SR40 will be recall/trouble free. I wonder what would the capacity for the mags?

Al James

Hunter
They had better be at least close to the Glock 22's 15 round mag capacity otherwise they will be in the rear of the pack when it comes to polymer wonder 40's.

Tam 212

Single-Sixer
AHA!

Ask and ye shall receive. The pistol is already listed on Davidson's Gallery of Guns!

http://galleryofguns.com/genie/default.aspx?item=3470

Now... SR45, please? :)

Al James

Hunter
So Davidsons puts it up online before Ruger.com? :shock: 15+1 with the New 1.2 trigger and mag release this should be pretty sweet. I like.