NEW Ruger SP101 3" Blue ADJ sights #15707

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Interesting experience today with 2 SP's at a gun store. One was a new 3" WC .357 model, and it was definitely a bit rough on the finish and trigger pull.
I'm sure a good cleaning and light polish would help a lot though. The saleman also brought out a USED 4.2" model, which was much smoother although it appears to have been lightly shot. The difference that stood out was the rear of the cylinder of the NEW gun was rubbing against the frame's face when fully opened and turning; the older one was not touching. Maybe important, maybe not; but I don't like parts to touch if they don't need to.
On a side note, I handled a new Kimber .357, and I was impressed! Almost a 2-stage trigger in my mind, as it seemed to stack up and then gave me a clean final pull. Front and rear sights are NOTICEABLY better than either the Novak or the standard adjustable sights on the Rugers, and I've had a lot of Rugers.

codebreaker

Single-Sixer
To tide you over.
IMG_0586.jpeg

That one on GB was a resell, bought new and allegedly never used. So it is a 2 year old gun. I don't think there was a second run made from Lipsey's so you have to buy one when and where you find it, if you want one bad enough.