New Ruger Bisley 5.5"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bayouhunter

Single-Sixer
Purchased a new Ruger Bisley 41 Rem Mag last night on Gun-broker
I never owned a .41 mag so I needed a bullet mold. I spent a few hours looking and reading about molds for the 41. I couldn't have timed my purchase better the guys at Cast Boolits had just finished a group buy from NOE for Real Keith Bullets. Al had more in stock so I ordered .412-237 Keith mold. The gun will be at my FFL when I get off work next week, the mold and dies I ordered from Midsouth today. It's going to be a long 9 days until crewchange.

jsh

Single-Sixer
You get some of those cast up I would sure buy a dozen or so to taste test and see how close they are to some 240 NEI bullets I bought. I am mold poor now, thus me wanting to try them before I splurge on yet another mold.
FYI the NEI shoots really well out of my Bisley hunter.

Bayouhunter

Single-Sixer
Yes two more days and a wake up 0600 crew change, do our turn over. Then travel to home about3- 4 hrs depending on New Orleans traffic. The east bound is usually not too bad after 0800. Going straight to my Dealer. My Relief is always on time and he drives up from Brownsville , Tx.

Chuckbuster II

Single-Sixer
JSH
Let me know where to send them and I am pretty sure I have some H&G 258 Clones out of a MiHec mold that could come your way.
PM best, sometimes I forget I posted something....
KDK

Bayouhunter

Single-Sixer
JSH send your address to me in a PM I made up about 400 yesterday sized to .411, Bhn 11-12. The mold casts a nice bullet, the HP's run 221grs to 223grs. I can spare dozen or so, yesterday was probably my last casting session until the weather cools back down. it's getting a warm on the coast.

Bayouhunter

Single-Sixer
Ty you were right there was a lot of fun in my future, working loads up I settled on 20.0 grs of W296 for now anyway. I have a lot more fun to experience. Speaking of anticipated fun the week before my crew change, I slipped up in a weak moment and ordered another Bisley convertible 45 ACP/45 LC. With all the ACP brass I had on hand I saw no reason to try downloading the 41mag for plinking and thought the convertible would be a good choice. I was right that gun is a lot of fun even with full power ACP loads. Here's a few pics with the 41 mag first.

NOE Keith bullet 220gr HP 1:20 lead with a little bit Lyman#2 added. Along with the Bisley.

45acp Bisley 230gr Magnus HP over 7.0 gr of Longshot. 0.2gr over Hogdons max load but Listed as a max load in my Lyman manual. An accurate load with very little recoil in the Bisley. Though it shot slightly high at 25yds with the rear sight cranked down.
I ordered the NOE 276 gr Keith mold for 45 LC cylinder and it arrived the day before I left for work. Another beautiful mold. Looking forward to future casting with it.

Both of them together. Now if one of these suppliers just do a 44mag the same as these two I'd have another weak moment!