New MK II today.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hauss

Bearcat
I just traded for a new MKII Target with the 6 7/8" Heavy Taper Barrel. Came with the box and all paperwork. One factory Magazine, and 2 of the Ramline 12 rounders. The aftermarket ones seems didn't seem to have any problems, which was kind of a relief since they're made of plastic. All and all I'm pretty pleased with it. Maybe, just maybe I'll finally try and post some pics. On a side not can anyone tell me about the Ramline mags? Are they even worth keeping around?

Hauss":zeo2nj7e said:
The aftermarket ones seems didn't seem to have any problems, which was kind of a relief since they're made of plastic.

On a side not can anyone tell me about the Ramline mags? Are they even worth keeping around?

I think you answered your own question here. :p

I remember Ram-Line making a silver bodied (nickel or stainless) magazine which I think was a 12-rounder. The plastic ones I've seen were 14-rounders. They've got a light smoke colored body, and a spring that's "rolled up" in the magazine, as opposed to the normal Z-shaped mag spring.

Every once in a while someone shows up around here with a "WTB" ad for these mags.

Good luck with your new toy!

contender

Ruger Guru
I have 3 of the clear/smokey colored Ramline mags. Yes,, they have a flat spring that rolls up & down,, allowing extra rounds to be added. Some of these mags hold 12 rounds, and some 14 rounds. If they work,, keep them!

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
contender":319usdm1 said:
I have 3 of the clear/smokey colored Ramline mags. Yes,, they have a flat spring that rolls up & down,, allowing extra rounds to be added. Some of these mags hold 12 rounds, and some 14 rounds. If they work,, keep them!

Not sure if people are getting confused, but the only mags I have seen with "roll up" flat spring, were EAGLE, not Ram.
Did Ram make them as well? Double check because my Rams have regular springs, and my EAGLES have rollups.

Bones507

Bearcat
Good luck with the MKII, i got a used one myself today. Got rid of a MKIII for it and was glad to do it. I will never ever own a MK III again, they took a great design in II and I and totally destroyed it.
I have had a II for about 12 years now and never a problem with it, this other one is the thin barrel, i already owned the bull barrel and will probably get another.

contender

Ruger Guru
Uhh,, I have 3 of them I have in my hands right now. All 3 are Ram-Line,, clear mostly,, (slight smokey tint,) and with roll-up springs. One has a black follower,, and the other 2 have red followers. All of mine hold 14 rounds.

As contender said, if the Ram-Lines work, keep 'em. However, they will break if treated roughly. The plastic to steel spring connections seem to be the weak spot. Don't do anything , like pulling the button all the way down and letting it spring back, to put extra stress on them.