New Lipseys Blackhawk Flattop Convertible, Blue and SS NOW!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Floridaoutdoors

Single-Sixer
Boge said:
protoolman said:
...If I wanted to shoot 45 at 900 fps with a 250 gr bullet Id just buy a 44 special.

Then you would be one with God and see through all this .45 foolishness. :lol: :p :wink:

Hmmm............is the next step in the evolution of the small frame Flat Top
.44 Special.......five shot .44 MAG on the "new" Special frame....?
Will the existing Special frame allow for increased cylinder length,pressures?
If not,something between the Special and Blackhawk-but then I imagine we would lose that "Special" thing about the .357 frame.

new poster here-go easy on me!

I have a Lipsey,s sst 4 5/8,Privates grips and am absolutely thrilled.

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
Rclark said:
I would have thought they'd use the 50th Anniversary .44 magnum frame.
Why? I don't see a problem as you already can buy .45 Colt BHs, Bisleys, Hunters, Redhawks, to handle the heavy loads that some here want to use....

Why?!? Well let me put it this way. Probably none of our SA wants are based on what we need. I don't fault you for being excited, so don't fault me for being disappointed.

StanMemTn

Single-Sixer
What I want to know now is when will the NM Flattop in .30 Carbine come out and which frame will it be on?

I mean, surely they won't leave the NM Blackhawk collectors one chambering short of a full set of NM Flattops, will they? :lol:

(sorry to get off topic, I just thought I'd be the first to say it)

Rclark

Hunter
so don't fault me for being disappointed.
I am not. Just pointing out that there already is a .45 Colt option with 'large frame' revolver(s) . We currently don't have the option from Ruger (until this limited run) for a adjustable sight 'medium' frame .45 Colt. No disrespect meant!

750k2

Bearcat
I think I hope I'm on the list :?:
I already have a 5.5 Bis ifin Iwant to pound :wink:

rangerbob

Buckeye
Fellow shooters, In 2009, when it looked like Lipsey's was going to run out of 44 Specials, I had been on the list since the Shot Show announcement in January. When my turn came up, I was ready to order 2 guns of each barrel length. I was allowed to order one and told that was all. That didn't set well with me. I got on the Ruger web site and shot a heated but well meaning E-mail to the CEO at the location set aside to do that. I read that the CEO reads every one, but doesn't have time to answer individually. Shortly, I received a reply from the CEO advising me to fear not, they would make more as long as folks were buying them. So far, that has held true. I suggest the same tactic now, particularly if we want to see some other barrel lengths. Bob!! :wink:

Jason at Lipsey's

Single-Sixer
Hey guys. Thanks for all the positive feedback on the Flattop 45 Colt. Its been a long process getting these done, but the outcome has been worth it. These guns are starting to ship now. As usual, Ruger doesn't ship them all at once, so they trickle in a few here and there. Many of our dealers have backorders for them so with a little patience we will get them all out. If anyone has an issue with getting one, feel free to contact me directly and we will get it resolved. Our goal is to make sure everyone who wants one gets one! For those wanting other barrel lengths, please be patient. When doing special runs you have squeeze in production time where you can. We are fortunate that Ruger is so accommodating as to give us some time away from their regular production.

Thanks again,

Jason Cloessner

Boge Quinn

Single-Sixer
Jason at Lipsey's said:
Hey guys. Thanks for all the positive feedback on the Flattop 45 Colt. Its been a long process getting these done, but the outcome has been worth it. These guns are starting to ship now. As usual, Ruger doesn't ship them all at once, so they trickle in a few here and there. Many of our dealers have backorders for them so with a little patience we will get them all out. If anyone has an issue with getting one, feel free to contact me directly and we will get it resolved. Our goal is to make sure everyone who wants one gets one! For those wanting other barrel lengths, please be patient. When doing special runs you have squeeze in production time where you can. We are fortunate that Ruger is so accommodating as to give us some time away from their regular production.

Thanks again,

Jason Cloessner

Jason, thanks to y'all, especially you, for getting all these special runs made. You have one of the coolest jobs imaginable, and working with them fine wimmen don't hurt either. You guys are doing what we can't, coupled with a management team at Ruger who are also "our kind of guys".

Jason at Lipsey's

Single-Sixer
Thanks Boge. I have no complaints at all. It is rewarding to get guns made that many including myself have dreamed about for years. Come to think of it, your gig ain't too bad either and you get to work with Jeff. Be safe and have fun at the Holiday. Tell our Brother Shootists hello for me.

Jason

JCW64

Single-Sixer
Hey Jason, Good to see you on the forum. And thanks for all you and Lipseys do to promote Rugers!

REP1954

Blackhawk
Boy these new 44's and 45's are exciting. Now you can buy one of these and get a quality action job and only have half of what you use to pay for a custom 44 or 45 on this size frame.

Boge Quinn

Single-Sixer
The one Jeff tested (which came from Lipsey's as just another example, not hand-picked) already had an EXCELLENT action. A Poor Boy's Trigger Job made it sublime.

Bruce in WV

Single-Sixer
I would love to put all my Munden gunsmithed parts, Reeder gunfighter grip frame and stags from the 45 Montado into a gun with adj sights and dual cylinders. Is this size frame the same as the Montado so that I could move them over?

Rocdoc

Buckeye
JCW64 said:
Hey Jason, Good to see you on the forum. And thanks for all you and Lipseys do to promote Rugers!

Agree, sent requests to Lipseys, Jason personally contacted me, love the Lipsey's limited editions, wish I had enough money to get all of them, well at least all the Rugers :)

StanMemTn

Single-Sixer
Bruce in WV said:
I would love to put all my Munden gunsmithed parts, Reeder gunfighter grip frame and stags from the 45 Montado into a gun with adj sights and dual cylinders. Is this size frame the same as the Montado so that I could move them over?

Yes. It should work just as you wish.

ddd482

Single-Sixer
Jason at Lipsey's said:

Thanks again,

Jason Cloessner

think: 4 5/8 stainless version please!

M'BOGO

Buckeye
CraigC said:
Can ya lose another 20lbs? They say you gain an inch of, uh...."barrel length".....for every 20lbs you lose. Add another sixgun to that I think I hear my exercise bike calling!!!!!!! :D

I don't remember ever having anything with a 12 inch barrel :? .

This .45 is on my list, but I don't know that it's doable. I was just thinking the other day, don't guess there's going to be any cool limited editions to seperate me from my funds this year...

RaisinRiverRon

Single-Sixer
Another shameless plug for a 4 5/8". Make mine blued. Throw in a Weigand DX front sight and BCA rear sight with the ivory Eagle Gunfighter grips and extra .45 acp cylinder, and you have my idea of the perfect Ruger SA.