New Lipseys Blackhawk Flattop Convertible, Blue and SS NOW!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

kooz

Blackhawk
Yea, I know it is a little more expensive than the $549 + shipping (depending on whether you are out of state or not) that they are going for if you get on "the list". Ijust threw it out there incase someone wanted to secure one now and not rely on "the list". I recently bought two of these at the $550 price as soon as I saw them come up for sale. I remember all to well "the list" for the .44 specials, my guns never came in, and I ended up picking some up here on the forum.

Rclark

Hunter
Well, for me it's a "I'd like to have one" not a "Must Have". If I get the call, I'll roll in and buy it as I said I would. If it never comes to pass, well it wasn't meant to be :) . Hope it does though!

750k2

Bearcat
Rclark said:
Well, for me it's a "I'd like to have one" not a "Must Have". If I get the call, I'll roll in and buy it as I said I would. If it never comes to pass, well it wasn't meant to be :) . Hope it does though!

Same Same :wink:

scramjet

Single-Sixer
Received a call today from the local dealer here. The 45 convertable is priced at $555.00. This is kind of like the 45 ACP 100th annaversary craze everytime you look the price climbs higher. I guess if you want on just go with it!

GaryA

Single-Sixer
I've got a couple of the regular Blackhawks in 45/45 acp, 4 5/8, 5 1/2, and even a 7 1/2. I prefer the standard version for the larger frame and cylinder coupled with an alloy grip-frame and ejector rod housing for weight savings. I have been tempted to go for a new vaquero convertible, however, just for grins.

My Blackhawk convertibles are by far my favorite handguns.

tek4260

Buckeye
I think these are a great deal price wise. I figure I can sell the extra cylinder for $100 here in about 5 minutes to someone with a New Vaquero. Already has the Gunfighter profile grips which is a "must have", so that saves you at least $50-$75. When the smoke clears, it would be like you gave less than $400 for it.

zac0419

Single-Sixer
tek4260 said:
I think these are a great deal price wise. I figure I can sell the extra cylinder for $100 here in about 5 minutes to someone with a New Vaquero. Already has the Gunfighter profile grips which is a "must have", so that saves you at least $50-$75. When the smoke clears, it would be like you gave less than $400 for it.

Exactly.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
tek4260 said:

Yep, the Joe Bowman grips are selling for $69 on Shopruger.com, the fake ivories look great on this gun, agree this is a good deal given all the desirable features of the gun.

scramjet

Single-Sixer
Jason:
Thank-you for getting my FFL gun club contact's name (Jerry) on the list for the 45LC/45ACP for me today. Looking forward to receiving it!

Thanks Again,
Tom

claimbuster

Single-Sixer
Had a buddy check with a dealer across the State. He had one in stock and is holding it for me until I can get there next Tuesday. Me happy camper! :)

mrbumps

Blackhawk
I have a feeling each sales person at Lipseys is allocated a certain number of guns for their customer list. At least in the beginning. So you place an order through your FFL, and they have to wait until their sales person gets a gun for them. I just picked one up the other day. I was waiting for a rifle to come in, and asked my FFL if he had heard of the new Flattop. He said no! , but called his rep after I left and he had one sitting there for immediate shipment. I just got lucky! If these sell as well as the .44 Special, you know they will keep making them.

chapped lips

Single-Sixer
750k2 said:
Any idea when they will ship out the next batch?
Hoping the list I'm on gets them in the next release :cry:

Picked mine up yesterday morning.......ordered about 2 weeks ago.
Timing must be everything!

Now,on to the 44 Spl Bisley Flattop........

I tip my hat to Brian and Jason at Lipseys. :!:

Rocdoc

Buckeye
mrbumps said:
I have a feeling each sales person at Lipseys is allocated a certain number of guns for their customer list. At least in the beginning. So you place an order through your FFL, and they have to wait until their sales person gets a gun for them. I just picked one up the other day. I was waiting for a rifle to come in, and asked my FFL if he had heard of the new Flattop. He said no! , but called his rep after I left and he had one sitting there for immediate shipment. I just got lucky! If these sell as well as the .44 Special, you know they will keep making them.

My local FFL (not my preferred FFL (Thanks ENO)) admitted to being on bad terms with her Lipseys rep. She could never get one of the exclusives when I asked for one.

cadillo

Blackhawk
Jason at Lipsey's said:
Hey guys. Thanks for all the positive feedback on the Flattop 45 Colt. Its been a long process getting these done, but the outcome has been worth it. These guns are starting to ship now. As usual, Ruger doesn't ship them all at once, so they trickle in a few here and there. Many of our dealers have backorders for them so with a little patience we will get them all out. If anyone has an issue with getting one, feel free to contact me directly and we will get it resolved. Our goal is to make sure everyone who wants one gets one! For those wanting other barrel lengths, please be patient. When doing special runs you have squeeze in production time where you can. We are fortunate that Ruger is so accommodating as to give us some time away from their regular production.

Thanks again,

Jason Cloessner

Will we ever see a SS Bisley Medium Frame Flattop?

Billy Rosewood

Bearcat
Silly question, but on the lipsey's site it only shows retail price - is that what the dealer will charge? I have not ordered a gun from them before and was wondering if they stick to their full retail prices or if they let the dealer set the price.

Thanks,

Chris

Jason at Lipsey's

Single-Sixer
Billy,

The dealer sets the price. We just post MSRP because people want to have a reference point. Since we don't sell directly to the public and only to FFL dealers, we don't have any say in what they sell it to you for.

Hope this clears any confusion up.

Billy Rosewood

Bearcat
Sounds good, thanks for the quick reply. I just called Lipsey's and they said that they don't have any of the stainless convertibles in right now. Any idea when they might get some in stock? I am wondering if I should just have my dealer pre-order one so that when they come in I will get first crack at one.

Thanks,

Chris

Jason at Lipsey's

Single-Sixer
We have only had a few of the stainless guns show up so far. I'm hoping to have some in later this month. I would have your dealer call now to get on their salesperson's list.