Need some help with value

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Pantherclass2004

Single-Sixer
I havent posted in quite some time….. life has its twists and turns. Anyway now retired and looking to start selling a few things. Had this one tucked away for a while. It's a Bearcat, possibly unfired other than factory, with original box, brown shipping box, all paperwork and warranty card. Interesting twist is this has a factory 22 magnum cylinder too. I cant seem to find any for sale or recently sold for comparison. Serial number indicates 1993 manufacture date. Appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

Pantherclass2004

Single-Sixer
A few pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 58

Johnnu2

Hunter
I had to go and look at that Bearcat after seeing what WMG said he paid for one..... The GB explanation sorta cleared it up for me:

"Manufactured in 1994, this new model Blue Super Bearcat has a four-inch barrel, fixed sights, smooth rosewood grips with silver eagle medallion, original interchangeable .22 LR and .22 WMR cylinders, and the transfer bar hammer-block safety. There is no "Ruger New Bearcat" rollmark on the left side of the cylinder/grip frame. About 1,000 convertible Bearcats were made, and the magnum cylinders were reported to have been returned. A "timing" problem made them unsafe and therefore the magnum cylinders were recalled. Samples with both .22LR and .22 WMR are rare. The magnum cylinders should not be used. As stated on the Ruger website: Firing a magnum cartridge in a cylnider not correctly timed with the barrel may result in excessively high pressures, causing the cartridge case head to fail, possibly resulting in personal injury. The Bearcat convertibles were shipped in yellow and black hinged boxes."

You learn something every day.........

J.

Latest posts