Need help w/bisley .32 ID

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jfw042

Bearcat
Spotted something yesterday that caught my eye. 4 5/8" fluted cylinder bisley .32 mag. Can someone tell me if this was a common confuguration? Has a little holster wear, otherwise looks good. What would be a fair price? No box, just the gun.

slowrider

Single-Sixer
Are you sure it's not a birdshead grip? Those are made in 4 5/8" with fixed sight and case color cylinder frame. I might be wrong, and someone will come along to correct me, but I think the only production Bisleys in .32 H&R mag had 6.5" barrels. So if yours does have the Bisley grip it could have a cut down barrel or a Bisley grip frame could have been fitted to a regular 32 single six (SSM). Not sure if a Bisley frame can be fit to the birdshead model.

jfw042

Bearcat
It is a Bisley for sure, didn't look at it closely enough to see if it had been cut off or not. Was adjustable sight, fluted cylinder & 4 5/8". Is in a neighboring town, if the weather holds I may go look again this weekend.

slowrider

Single-Sixer
Then, to the best of my knowledge it is an altered or put together gun, not factory configuration. I don't have my Ruger references handy but hopefully someone else more knowledgable will come along and confirm or set me straight.

bisley32

Single-Sixer
They never made any short barreled bisleys in 32,to my knowledge.Someone has added a bisley grip.It would be a great shooter.Please PM me the info if you do not buy it.Thanks,Bisley32