Need help - GP100 hogue grip on SP101

Help Support Ruger Forum:

spartan117

Bearcat
Hi all,

First post here and couldn't find this via search, so apologies if this topic has already been discussed.

Will the hogue grip from a GP100 fit on a SP101? I want something bigger on my SP as I really use it for camping/hiking, and not so much for concealment purposes. Bought the hogue for the SP101 and still think it's too small.

Thanks in advance!

onfinal

Bearcat
You might want to look at the Trausch grips for SP101s. I have one on my SP101 and like it very much.

Unk

Bearcat
Did you get your Hogue SP101 grip from;
http://www.hoguestore.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=27_61_401

I have their Rosewood laminates on my SP101 and a 65 shown next at 1 & 4;
KframesSP101.jpg

fit me fine. Don't know if the 100 grips will fit your SP101..may be a Ruger grip frame expert along soon.

Best.

woodsy

Blackhawk
No, the GP grips won't fit the SP. BUT, Hogue has a GP-style grip to fit the SP, and I have it on mine. Works great for larger hands, as mine are. Made a world of difference. If you order by phone, the ladies are very helpful. If you order by website, you may not find out if in stock for a day or two.

spartan117

Bearcat
I just called Hogue. They don't make a rubber grip for the SP101 other than the 81000, and the nylon version, 81100. These are the smaller grips with finger grooves. I have the nylon grip, and it's too small. Perhaps the other poster was referring to a GP100 style grip that is not rubber? I could not find anything resembling it on their website. Looks like I have to go with Trausch, but at $40 shipped to me, it's a bit pricey. Plus, I'm not sure it's that much bigger than the hogue grip. Oh well.

woodsy

Blackhawk
Here's the link to Hogue:
http://www.hoguestore.com/index.php?main_page=index&zenid=a1d25b9efa6107f719d377010dfba7c2&manufacturers_id=2&sort=20a&filter_id=398

It shows the GP style rubber grips. They are the same style, but not the same size, for obvious reasons. If you want the same size you may need to go custom. My hands are large, and the rubber ones fit perfectly. Or, maybe you really wanted a GP in the first place.