GP100 grip width (Need wider grip)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ssqman

Bearcat
The Hogue Monogrip that comes on the GP100 is nice, but I'd like a little bit wider grip. The Match Champion wood grip looks great. Is this grip wider? How about the old santoprene with wood inserts?

dannyd

Hunter
The panel grips are wider, than the hogue grips. Over the years I have accumulated also every grip made for a GP's looking for the perfect grips.;)

hittman

Staff member
Some here have found these pretty thick. Grip size and shape and material is such a subjective thing though.

IMG_0098.jpeg

contender

Ruger Guru
I truly enjoy my Match Champion grips. Don't know if they are wider than yours or not,, but they fit my hands very well.

Reactions: LAH

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
Everyone's hand is different, but the walnut grips on the half lug Lipsey's GP's feel great and have become a favorite of mine.

Ruger00fan

Bearcat
I like the Hogue Tamer, Sku: 80020. It fit me much better than the stock hogue (sku 80000). The 80020 feels thicker which is exactly what I wanted.

wproct

Single-Sixer
I like the Hogue Tamer, Sku: 80020. It fit me much better than the stock hogue (sku 80000). The 80020 feels thicker which is exactly what I wanted.
This post is spot on! The Tamer is a wider grip and feels wonderful in the hand. Also, nothing will handle heavy recoil any better than these grips.

ssqman

Bearcat
I ended up ordering the Ruger rubber grip with wood inserts from shopruger. Hope they have a dark rosewood color. I'm like dannyd, I'll probably end up with most of them. I just can't help it.

wproct

Single-Sixer
I ended up ordering the Ruger rubber grip with wood inserts from shopruger. Hope they have a dark rosewood color. I'm like dannyd, I'll probably end up with most of them. I just can't help it.
Those are nice grips. When you get yours, if you still feel the need for a little more width, cut a piece of thin cardboard to fit under each wood panel. You will be surprised at how the grips will feel wider, more filling to the hand.

deac45

Single-Sixer
Those are nice grips. When you get yours, if you still feel the need for a little more width, cut a piece of thin cardboard to fit under each wood panel. You will be surprised at how the grips will feel wider, more filling to the hand.
I've used this trick only I use this stuff. G10 knife handle spacer/liner material. It's available in three thicknesses so you can really dial in the fit. Plus being G10 it won't trap or hold moisture behind wood inserts.

Latest posts