MKIII lipseys model

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jhuppdog

Bearcat
I would like to say hello to all. I have found this forum over the past couple of days while doing research on a Mark III that I have fallen in love with. I went into a gun shop and saw a Mark III lipseys model. I am attaching a link
http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/ ... 0&return=Y

Does anyone know anything about this particular gun or what is a good price for it? It is a blued gun that has a matte black finish with the silver grips. Are these lipsey models a limited run? How does the matte finish hold up compared to blued or stainless.

Thanks in advance for all the input.

Jeremy

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Just a variation of a regular cataloged model contracted by Lipseys. Aside from the grips, it's the same. The finish is blued, just a matte finished blueing. Treat it like you would any other and it'll be fine.

Jhuppdog

Bearcat
2238945":3mlh5f23 said:
Thats the one Im getting also Jhuppdog, I love how it has a military like look to it

Yeah I like the look of it as well. I was originally looking at the stainless model but really like the look of this one better. Do you mind me asking how much they are asking up there? I think Lipseys said the retail is 585.

Bearcat
Im not real sure on the price, I know ImpactGuns.com has them for $406, with shipping and everything it'll probably be about $450-475.

Im picking up a Matte Black 10/22 sometime this week from my FFL, im gonna ask him if he can get it and how much.

Im gonna get some black G10 grips on it, its gonna look awesome.