Mini-14 in 300 Blackout

Help Support Ruger Forum:

djw54

Single-Sixer
Did I miss this discussion? I just saw that Davidson's has a Mini-14 listed in 300 Blackout. Item #5864. None in stock, of course.

Kanook

Buckeye
It wasnt there Monday.

Without a threaded barrel, it is lost to a bunch of people mainly because the whole purpose of the 300 was suppression.

DGW1949

Hunter
Kanook said:
It wasnt there Monday.

Without a threaded barrel, it is lost to a bunch of people mainly because the whole purpose of the 300 was suppression.

It's basicaly a rebarelled Tactical Model, and yep, it comes with a treaded barrel.
http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/Default.aspx?item=5864&%2014

DGW

Kanook

Buckeye
DGW1949 said:
Kanook said:
It wasnt there Monday.

It's basicaly a rebarelled Tactical Model, and yep, it comes with a treaded barrel.
http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/Default.aspx?item=5864&%2014

DGW
When I looked this AM it only said Heavy Barrel. So much for believing the internet. Qui Qui

Just got an email from Ruger about it... only have one question:

What the heck is 300 aac black out?

Oh and the flash suppressor is threaded on and I guess that's part of the draw. Would love to have one but our government won't let me have a sound suppressor. Maybe if Linsey Graham is elected president.

Kanook

Buckeye
blume357 said:
Would love to have one but our government won't let me have a sound suppressor. Maybe if Linsey Graham is elected president.
Are you sure? If you are legal to own a Firearm, you are legal for suppressors https://www.carolinasilencer.com/faq

black029

Single-Sixer
300 Blackout is a shortened 5.56 opened up to .308. It can duplicate the 7.62X39, but it's claim to fame is a subsonic 220 grainer used with a suppressor.

9x19

Hunter
Meh, I'd be more excited by an American Ranch in 7.62x39... I'm just not a suppressor fan, and while I like the Ranch I have in .300BO, a short russian version would be even better, for me.

robertkirksey

Blackhawk
300 Blackout. Ho-hum. Why not a 6.5 Grendel? That would be a very nice rifle. Also, if you read Ruger's text carefully, they are telling you that it will not function with subsonic ammo without a suppressor. Of course they could have spent nine dollars more per rifle and put an adjustable gas regulator on it.

dfletcher

Blackhawk
Buckeye Bill said:
It should work just fine with standard Ruger 223 mags.

Bill

I would think so. Which would be important in a state like CA where "if you already had them" +10 round mags are OK. But that Ruger marks the 300 mags as such, I wonder if there's a difference between their 5.56 mags and the 300 type? I use 5.56 mags in 300 AAC with no issue in an AR, so my guess is the same as yours. Still, the specific designation is interesting.

Hello,

I have a American Ranch in 300 Blackout. I reload for it and I find it to be a fun rifle to shoot. I have been getting solid accurate hits on paper at 200 without a problem. I have had a small magazine issue that I have worked through but all in all I love that rifle.

I thought I would post a few pictures of the ammunition to give those of you who have not seen it an idea what it looks like. Components are easy to come by. These 300 Blackouts were loaded with Nosler 125 grain BT. I only load bullets in this range of weight. I am not interested in loading for sub sonic currently. (No Suppressor). I have found lots of brass at local shops for easy reloading. Factory ammunition can cost a dollar a round. Reloading is the way to go. Shooting a bolt gun keeps usage within reason.

The bullet has been building in popularity and I think it might be a nice combination for the Mini platform.

You can see the difference between 223 here with a side by side.

Bill

Big Old Boy

Hunter
Thanks for the pics I'm still looking for the ranch hard to find in Tn. What power scope do you have on yours? I think ill go with a 2x7.

coastie

Bearcat
AAAAHGGGGH!
Just when I knew I had examples of ALL the calibers
of the Mini 14 series.
6.8SPC, 7.62X39, .223, .223 REMINGTON TARGET, AND .222!

[Now, if, if, I could tolerate a rifle with a tube up it's buttstock....
I would only need uppers!]

Latest posts